Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bye, Bye Meredith (My Meredith Memory)

After somebody re-tweeted Ann Curry's tweet this morning about it being Meredith Vieira's last day, I dropped everything, put on my 16 year old "maternity" workout shorts and headed upstairs to the elliptical.

I didn't want to miss out on all the festivities in celebration of her last day on The Today Show.  And it also shows how pitiful my life has become <---- kidding.  I'm getting more done than I have in a while.  I've been tidying up the place, catching up on laundry and paperwork and taking the occasional nap. I heard on the radio this afternoon that those 5 Hour Energy drinks are being consumed in large amount by senior citizens!!!  May be time I tried one.  How am I going to make it through the day when/if I get accepted at the new college I've applied to???

Yep, it's just one big vicious cycle around here lately.  I figured I've done so much prep work, that I can't give up on college just yet.  Although sometimes I do stop and remind myself that I already have a degree....

But that's neither here nor there because it was Meredith's LAST DAY!!!

Which means I need to concoct a fond tribute post.  And I seriously do have a memory.  Two years ago when we visited the outdoor set of the Today Show on our trip to NYC, VC was juggling in the crowd.  The weather guy (a substitute for Al, who was out that day) - came over along with the camera guy.  When they panned back to Meredith she said, "America's got talent. At least that kid does."  It was so sweet!!!!  Got it on video.

Amid all the shiny, sparkly news people, she seemed the most genuine - able to poke fun at herself and to be poked fun at (darn, I'm also being tested on "Sentence Structure" - better not make sentences like that one with the dangling participle).

Anyway, I'll seriously miss seeing her in the morning.  Ann often overdoes it a little too much for my taste, with the fawning over the guests and going overboard with the empathy, if there is such a thing ;-)

Did you read that Rep Weiner's wife is pregnant???  If you are having a lousy week, just remember it could always be worse, which reminds me I need to post my Weiner joke in reference to that:  "His kid will have a good role model - errr more like underwear model."  Uh, yeah, I'd better not send that joke to Leno.  Underwear model?   As if!  He creeps me out.  You know that if he wasn't in that position of power these women wouldn't give him the time of day....

If you have a tween or teen who is creative, I'd love it if you entered my giveaway.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...