Tuesday, April 5, 2011

5 Teaspoons of Pudding for Dinner? You Gotta Be Kidding Me

I had a different post planned for today but then I figured it was time for an update on my TV viewing. As you recall, I watch shows that are NOT hip, young or current.

There I was watching Dr. Oz, my favorite little elf yesterday, and I just about fell off the elliptical when I saw the pitiful portions of food those women who had had the Lap-Band surgery were able to consume post-surgery.

If you didn't see it, one woman's daily food consisted of half a cup of small yogurt, about a cup of broth and half a cup of pudding. WHOA!! That was her daily consumption. For the whole day! (On the plus side, imagine how low her food bills must be!! and if she has coupons!)

I was surprised that the ladies contemplating the surgery were still willing to do it after seeing those abysmal portions.

My food consumption looks much more like the "before." I like food.

Anyway, I was so excited to tell MB about the show, that as he was eating in the kitchen, I shouted in from the office room, "You should have seen the amount of food the people on Dr. Oz ate after their Lap-Band surgery" - at which time he's all "What? Did you say Lap Dance? What about Lap Dancing?"

errrrr....yeah, our minds work a little differently.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...