Tuesday, March 1, 2011

When Life Gives You Kumquats

It's been an insanely busy week, if you don't count the occasional napping, which partially accounts for me being MIA. The other part is that I've been lazy and unmotivated in my blogging. Let's just be honest.

Did you ever notice something on your body (that looks like extra fatty tissue or swelling or a bump) that has been there at least a year and a half, (when you go back and look at photos), and all of a sudden you realize it may NOT be a normal thing?????

So you make an appointment with a doctor, who is also concerned and suggests a sonogram to figure out exactly what it is?

Yeah, that's where I'm at. Only I have to wait 2 weeks for the sonogram. I'm not good at waiting.

In the meantime two people have uttered the phrase "When your number's up, your number's up" - one time in reference to me, the other the day before in reference to something else. People, when someone is concerned about something, that is NOT A GOOD PHRASE TO USE TO PROVIDE A SOURCE OF REASSURANCE!!!!!!!

I've yet to hear from the college with regards to my acceptance. If I do get in I am going to completely panic and feel that I am not going to be able to hack it. I will feel that I can barely write a paper and won't be able to keep up with the workload. I know who NOT to seek for reassurance (see above). I've begun to realize that it is a cat I will be dissecting not a pig; I can barely cut chicken.

Yes, I realize that I overuse the word "I" when I write and that it makes me sound self-centered. Need to work on that. (notice I didn't say "I need to work on that.")

VC came home from school and casually mentioned that he got the rat he and his partner will be dissecting for science class. He said this matter-of-factly and then went on to say that they played a guessing game to see who would have to wash the dead rat. When I asked where they store the rats, he said that the rats are laid out on the teacher's desk, because she has a big desk. So all 50 dead rats are lined up on her desk.

That cracked me up.

VC is always a good source of levity when I'm uber-stressed. He and MB have been butting heads lately. I'm going to chalk it up to the "teenage years" and then quietly disappear whenever I hear them disagreeing....

VC called me at work stressed about it and as I was speaking to him, he asked "why does your voice sound like that" - when I asked what he meant, he said "so soothing." That made me smile. Maybe I will be a good fit for my future occupation after all!! :-)

Until my next update! I'll be trying to stay positive and not to dwell on things or freak out.

Be well my friends!!!



1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Gah! I can't believe anyone would give you the "when your numbers up" spiel--that's so insensitive. I can't think of anything that might make you feel worse. Everything is crossed for you that this is just a normal nothing. Please keep us posted (and how annoying you have to wait two weeks for the sonogram.

Best of luck with your college application.

(and EWWWWWW to 50 dead rats on a teacher's desk. GROSS!!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...