Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Almost Coming to Tears Over DWTS and Other Updates

Last night I had this facebook convo and by "convo" I mean conversation - just sounds younger and more hip. Now that I've discovered I will soon be in the market for some reading glasses I need to do whatever I can to maintain my youthfulness :D

Me: Told myself there was no way I was going to watch DWTS this season, yet here I sit.

My Former Co-worker: nooooooooooooooooooooo.

Me: It's true. My son walked by and said "Not this. I thought you weren't watching it anymore." Talk some sense into me before I waste the next 10 weeks!!!

Former Co-Worker: Just say no!! Don't do it. I have NEVER watched that show, but so many people love it....

Me: I gotta say I almost had tears in my eyes (I'm so sappy ;-) ) watching Kirstie Alley dance - to go out there at her current weight and to still vamp it up and to dance better than most of the other performers - it was a feel good moment. Now I can stop watching.

Former Co-Worker: NO, you cant! you are hooked. tears, really???

Me: Really *hangs head in shame* But it is so true - after how the tabloids have crucified her - she got out there and totally won everybody over. I'm done gushing now.

Much as I wasn't going to watch the show, I'm glad I did just so that I could see Kirstie's performance. And to believe she is SIXTY!!! Now I feel a little better about my future in reading glasses. If she can still kick it like that - I have much to look forward to :-)

Loved her joke about hauling a$$ requiring two wheelbarrows.

Like many others, I was feeling bad for Maks when the partner announcement was made. Figured he got stuck with the booby prize. Well, it looks like a nice turn of events- I love Maks' spunk and he seems so happy with her.

I'd blog about the other dancers but they didn't make that big an impression on me. Sort of like one big lump of mediocrity and then Kirstie to be honest!! Plus VC wasn't feeling well and I was going up and down the stairs setting up the Humidifier, getting him Vicks Vap-o-Rub, decongestants, etc.

Health Update: Remember the health issue I blogged about 2 weeks ago, well initial tests show I'll be blogging for many years to come :D What a relief!!

Cleaning Update: Today I'll be mopping.

School Update: Still NO LETTER!! The suspense is killing me. Have already ruled out the school that was farther away. 68 miles away (one way) - that would mean 2-1/2 hours each day just in drive time. Plus the school required 3 additional classes.

So all my eggs are in one basket.

And yesterday I made the mistake of looking at the required class load. For the fall semester I would be required to take 5 classes plus 3 LABS - how the heck am I gonna manage that without totally freaking out??? It will be the equivalent of a full-time job and then evenings spent studying. Why did I not settle on this major 25 years ago!!! Always gotta take the more difficult route.

Suddenly my boring 'ole life (and lame job) is looking A LOT more attractive.

How are things on your end??

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Wow, you have LOTS of things going on right now! I am keeping my fingers crossed from you that you find out about the school soon. The suspense must be killing you!

Awwww, and SO VERY HAPPY to hear that all is well for you health-wise :) PHEW!!!!!

I can't watch DWTS. I mean, I can, but I'm embarrassed enough by all the stuff I keep on my DVR. I have a bit of an American Idol obsession this season (every time I tell myself I won't watch it again, it sucks me right back in...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...