Thursday, February 17, 2011

What's Your Opinion? - Female vs. Male Perspective

As I was driving in to work this morning one of the local morning show hosts brought up a story about a Chicago man who was spotted outside the metro station after 2 foot of snow had fallen.

He did not work for the metro, but was shoveling a path from the station to his fiance's car so that she would be able to make it through safely when she left the station. He had this to say to an interviewer, "Whatever it takes to make sure she's OK, that is natural to me." "I'm supposed to make sure if it's snowing, she has a path to walk down. Asking if she had a nice day or even trying to cook for her, whatever it takes."

You can read more here.

One of the male cast members of the morning show had this opinion (jokingly) "What a needy, pathetic, d-bag." <------ his words, not mine.

While the female said, "what a chivalrous, manly-man" and thought it was every girl's dream to have someone do that kind of thing for her.

The guy host figured there must have been some ulterior motive at hand or that the shoveler might be the "controlling" type. Meanwhile a female caller called in to ask if anyone knew if the shoveling dude had a brother.

I'm usually one to think more along the lines of a guy - I once did a post on why I am like a man. But let's just keep that one safely hidden in the archives.

What are your thoughts on this? Chivalrous or Needy

P.S. Looking for business cards that WILL get noticed because they are super awesome? enter here.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Awww, I love this story. Also, I don't want to think about this guy's motives. I just want to believe that there ARE good men out there who do this because they WANT to. Basta! I don't like that the other anchor tried to discredit this man's deeds and I think it's incredibly mean he would call him a d-bag (among other things). Why? Because he loves his fiance so much he wants to make sure she'll make it through the snow without twisting her ankle? And how does that make him controlling?

Anyway, just my two cents. I wonder if this guy has a brother in the NYC area ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...