Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Well, Color Me Impressed <--- NOT!

I need to stop revealing all my tacky reading/viewing material on this blog as it is making me seem very vapid. Vapid - I love that word!!! Need to use it more...

I was reading People Magazine online this morning - and did you see the article about Claire Danes and the reason she was flying coach????

Oh my gawd, she had to fly coach not because she always flies coach, but because there were no other seats available!! She had to fly back to NYC with her SAG award on coach like the rest of us peasants. Boo hoo hooooo...I'm so upset for her I can barely function this morning.

What a weird world we live in. Did you hear about the Indonesian pop star who was sentenced to jail for 3-1/2 years plus a $25,000 fine for two sex tapes of him that were released by someone else to youtube and circulated there and on facebook.

In the U.S. he would be hailed as the next Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton. In Indonesia, the poor guy got rocks pelted at the car they drove him away in. And people were chanting that the sentence was too light!!

P.S. I just spoke to someone with the last name "Butt" on the phone. I am not kidding. She even spelled it out for me :D

...and now on with the day

13 comments:

blueviolet said...

I am so glad that nobody gave up their seat for her. I know that's petty, but honestly...she's no better than the rest of us.

Kristina P. said...

I read the Indonesian one and I kept waiting for the part where it said something about underage girls, or something like that. Guess they have different morality laws.

Where the Fur Flies said...

I blame the media, not Claire Danes. Heck, I'd fly first class too, if I could afford it. The fact that she only flies coach when she has to isn't news, and shouldn't have been reported on. I saw that article too, and I got the impression when I read it that they were passively aggressively trying to make her look bad.

You've never heard of Brett Butt? Google him! He's a great Canadian comedian. (Corner Gas rocks.)

mac said...

I think Ms Danes is the one who seems jejune here.


If their first name wasn't Seymour, it might have been a prank call ;-)

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too said...

Did you seriously talk to Ms. Butt?!? That is great!

Snuggle Wasteland said...

Poor lil celebrity had to mix with hoi poloi. Boo-friggin-hoo.

McVal said...

My husband deliberately mis-pronounces Eagles Butte in South Dakota... He's a nut. Who would want to live there if it's called Eagles Butt?
Actors got too big a britches if you ask me...

Debbie said...

What a crazy world that there is that much difference between our cultural norms and Indonesia's.
And I think I would change my name if it was Butt.

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

I love cultural differences, they fascinate me. I tend to question my poor sister-in-law too much about them (she's Chinese-born and raised there).

I grew up with a girl whose last name was Butts. What amazes me is that no one ever made fun of her name-ever.

Randi Troxell said...

i am so happy my last name isn't butt... could you just imagine the jokes... oh the jokes!!!

AK said...

i just saw your youtube video.. lol.. juggling always makes me laugh.. but i shud say.. ur soo gud at it! did u guys practice a lot?? wow.. i can never do that and the song.. it is Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham.. A hindi-Indian Movie. u like it?

About the article--butt!! what a name!!! he he he..

cornflakegirl74 said...

LMAO!!! How did you keep a straight face with Mrs. Butt?? :p Hi, I'm five.

Ugh, that's just... what a snot that Claire Danes is. Why is she still relevant? I loved her in My So Called Life and "Home for the Holidays" but I don't know what she's appeared in lately? Or have I been hiding under a rock??

Kaylen said...

Ha, poor Claire.
It IS surreal though...like you just received this big honor, people all around you tell you you're amazing...and then you are just one of the common folk, in a normal sized chair and no free food/drinks, holding your special award.
I actually really hate the media coverage of celebrities. I'm so over it all. I can't stand reading People magazine. They (and their ilk) are the ones who make it so that some drunken trashy kids have a popular show called Jersey Shore and get paid six figures to drink at night clubs and are appearing on talk shows everywhere. They are nobody...but the media has made them somebody. Boo. Hiss. Down with the media.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...