Monday, February 21, 2011

Bad Carma

They will call me Bad Carma. Who's they? The roller derby chicks, when I get the cojones to join the roller derby team. Kidding!!!! For now.

I joined MB for skating at his adult night skate this week. As we were taking our skates off at the end of the night, we were hanging with a couple roller derby chicks. The husband of one of the chicks is the derby coach, and he asked me what I thought about joining the team :-O)) You know, because I'm so badass ;-)



photo credit egenerica

Yes, I'm nuts for even considering this. But maybe part of me wants to do at least one outrageous thing before I'm too old!!!

As I said in a email to one of my blogging buddies, "I am very polite and non-agressive and ladylike....but I can skate well..."

Doesn't exactly sound like Roller Derby Girl material. Darn!

Do you think I'd fit in with these chicks??


Do you think I'll be spending several months of the year in traction being assisted by those in the very profession I hope to pursue???

Photo credit: DavidNoah1

P.S. I go into a dead funk around this time of year - when I have to do the taxes...Planning on working on them today so if you don't hear from me in a while you'll know I'm depressed and procrastinating :D Last day to enter my giveaway!

4 comments:

Kaylen said...

The coach must have recognized your Bad-Ass-Potential that is hidden within. I think it would be awesome to see some sweet and polite lady just start cracking skulls!!! DO IT!!!

Charlotte said...

Awwww, I know... I haven't even started thinking about taxes :( I'm just in a funk because I'm tired of the snow and cold weather.

OMG, that would be sooo awesome! I would at least consider it if I were you, especially if you have the skating skills to pull it off. How very bad a** and SEXY!! :) You must let us know!

I Wonder Wye said...

Just did taxes. The first year we are getting money back despite freelancing -- huge year for medical bills. Not exactly a thriller. Your post reminded me of that funny movie about roller derby chicks with Juno Page and Drew Barrymore -- fun movie...

Mommyof2girlz said...

I would love to see you out there throwing elbows and knocking chicks around. It might bring out your "take no crap" side...lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...