Monday, January 31, 2011

Mr. Over-Accommodating Gets His Due (or does he?)

Do you have a family member who is always telling people what you are up to - encouraging people to come along or to try whatever you are trying???

I prefer to keep my whereabouts/activities on the DL.

Everyone does not always need to know what we are doing or where we are going. That kind of thing drives me nuts as when I'm away I prefer not to feel like I have to entertain people or be responsible for their happiness.

A few weeks ago I got a call asking what hotel we would be staying at on an upcoming trip. I wondered how this person knew about it - until it was mentioned that Mr. Over-Accommodating said something. When I'm all grungy and grumpy at the breakfast bar, I prefer not to be noticed - grrrrrrrrrrr

Well, then there was the awkwardness that was yesterday. Mr. O-A encouraged someone else to go to an event we were going to; He no sooner did this than the individual turned to him and asked if he could sleep on the floor in our hotel room the nights we would be there. Instead of saying there would not be much room - usually we are stepping over crap between a boatload of juggling props and our luggage filling every available floor space - instead of saying that- he turns to me and asks me in front of this individual what I thought about it - could the guy stay on the floor in our room? I did the next best thing - turned to Mr. O-A and said it was up to him. It was fun watching him stumble over his words...

And maybe a lesson has been learned. Nah, I doubt it...

Do you have a Mr. Over-Accommodating in your family too???

**all parties involved in this post are really sweet people - it's just the over-yapping that is leading to my frustrations!!!**

15 comments:

Snuggle Wasteland said...

Yep. I call him The Toaster Oven. Perhaps you've heard me bitch, er, speak of him.

Jill of All Trades said...

Oh gosh, I'm not sure how I would have handled that but sounds like you did pretty well. I think The Hubby would be in the dog house for sure.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Wow. You handled that better than I would have.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

thankfully I do not. Thankfully My Mr. are on the same page about things like this.
I'm sorry you have to go through this Carma.

LL Cool Joe said...

Nope I can't say I have anyone in my family like that, but then I don't discuss what I'm doing with anyone really, because I don't know myself from one week to the next!

mac said...

I have friends that say, "Man, you shoulda said something. I would have loved to go with you"

Umm, no. If I want company, I'll ask someone .
Of course, I just smile and tell them, "next time, I will" ;-)

Kristin said...

The hubs has learned...but it took some major educating on my part. HAHAHAHA

alessandra said...

I have a hubby that loves to invite people over to eat, it's just that I don't love to cook ;) I know you feel for me. Thanks!

Melissa B. said...

He'd esPEcially learn his lesson if the buy snored, huh? Mr. Fairway and I are sometimes at odds about attending social occasions, but he knows better than to invite unauthorized guests...

Melissa B. said...

That would be...if the GUY snored. Geez, Louise!

blueviolet said...

Ok, why are you moving back to Blogger?

And I LOVE that you turned the tables on him like that. I would be so ticked if I were stuck in those situations.

Sandra said...

I suspect I'm the Mrs. Over Accomodating...Boo me!

angelcel said...

Hm, somebody doesn't like to say no! Well hopefully the point has been made and the lesson learned. I can't get over the cheek of the request to bunk down with you though. Er....nooooo! :D

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

Oh my hubby would never dare do something like that to me. He has learned his lessons... the hard way. Besides... we so seldom get away just the two of us that there's no way he'd want a 3rd party in our hotel room ;)

cornflakegirl74 said...

Oh, wow. Thankfully, my family members are really cool with respecting boundaries so I have not yet had this problem. How awkward though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...