Saturday, January 29, 2011

Friday TV Viewing: Eating Nuts, Berries, Cutting Back on Sex - Plus Dateline

Yesterday was a busy day, if you count going back to bed on my day off after VC went to school. Got up at 10:00 which meant I was in time to check out Dr. Oz.

If you didn't get a chance to see it, he featured a semi-hot yogi who was amazingly chilled, which has just about convinced me that I need to take up yoga (again) and begin trying to limit my consumption of processed food. That said, I came home from $175 in grocery shopping with a cart chock full of processed food last night :-(

One super-interesting tidbit that he felt was also a great way to restore health: cutting back on sex to preserve your energy! Dr. Oz vehemently disagreed but I could tell the audience member they had on stage was on the fence and willing to try his yoga sex-substitution move instead.

I'm not sure there is much truth to this theory, not by my own practice, but by looking at Charlie Sheen!!



Dude seems to have plenty of energy despite his frolicking daily with pRon stars...err, scratch that, the briefcase of cocaine may have had something to do with it.


Anyway, my life is long overdue for a healthy overhaul and I may check out his book. People who practice yoga and this type of lifestyle - which focuses on getting rid of possessions <--- love the thought of that - too much time is spent on maintaining crap- tend to seem to so calm and content.

Then last night I stayed up to watch Dateline: Written in Blood - one of the most interesting episodes they've ever aired. Did you watch it?? Do you think the son did it? I've been reading the message boards and many are thinking that the friend Dale was the one who did it and that the word in blood may have been "Dale." That ones gonna be on my mind for a while...

Watched any good shows lately? Cut back on sex or eating berries? Do share...


P.S. Question regarding blog layout: Do you think I should revamp the layout so that it is more along the lines of my wordpress blog - or do you like it in all it's blue and orange glory??? Please be honest *I can take it*

12 comments:

Where the Fur Flies said...

I'm thinking of taking up yoga, after the dreaded surgery. As for getting processed foods out my diet, I've mostly done that, over the last few years. Most of my groceries are fresh produce or organic meat, and I make almost everything from scratch. Lunch is my biggest downfall, because I buy that (usually Subway) instead of making it.

New show - have you see, Harry's Law? The first episode was a bit OTT, but funny nonetheless. I loved the second one.

Blog - this one seems a bit busier than the other one. I'm not sure if it's the different colours, or that you've got the main contents down the center, but I think I prefer the other layout.

Where the Fur Flies said...

Ps - are you moving over here permanently? Should I change my blog roll and bookmark?

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I don't think I'm patient enough for yoga.

Both blog designs are good. I think go with the one you prefer.

Christina said...

I've thought about yoga, but don't think I have the patience. Regarding your blog question, I prefer the new layout, but the old color scheme. Hope that helps.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yoga/sex - boy my husband wouldn't be on board with this person who said less sex. :-)

I don't eat processed food often. Ever since i went gluten free it is impossible to eat processed food. It really makes you feel better but it's difficult as all hell at first.

Blog - hell give it a face lift. I don't think there is anything wrong with this one but since you are for making changes in your life start with that - you can still eat potato chips(or processed foods) while you do it. :-)

mac said...

Cutting back on sex to conserve energy seems so 1950s to me. If my yogi told me to cut back on sex, I'd cut yoga.

I mean, why not cut out working out too? Heck, let's cut out breathing so often. Try it, every time you want to take a breath, don't. Just breath every other time. Suddenly, you've freed up half the energy you were wasting on breathing.
Next, for the advanced students, we'll work on skipping heart-beats.

It's like an old Rocky movie... "Women weaken legs!"
What a silly idea ;-)

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

I saw that Dr. Oz episode too. The less sex wasn't bothering me. But having hot water in the morning instead of coffee wouldn't work for me!

btw... I sent you an e-mail. You are my CSN Stores giveaway winner! Congrats!

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

I wish I could eat healthier, but Josh will go to the store for milk and come home with a bunch of junk...pizza rolls, for example. I guess to lose weight I'm going to have to start making 2 different meals for dinner :-( what a pain.

I like either layout. :-)

Bethany said...

I started watching Fairly Legal, it's pretty good. I also enjoy Criminal Minds when I have a chance :)

alessandra said...

Too many questions, hey I'm not an oracle baby...kidding ;)

Snuggle Wasteland said...

I saw him on Dr. Oz, too. The funny thing is when I was watching it I wondered if you were going to blog about him.

I like the WP layout better than the colors over here. No offense.

cornflakegirl74 said...

DO NOT GIVE UP ON SEX. I dunno... but I think it's very possible to balance both and do so well (just my two cents). Plus, sex is fun. Who wants to give that up?? ;)

I like this layout but maybe I would tweak the color scheme a bit?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...