Thursday, January 13, 2011

And I Still Haven't Found (What I'm Lookin' For)

Yeah, so I've been a little MIA lately. If you are a regular reader of this blog (bless you) you will recall that about every 4 months I get a hankering to go back to school to make something of my life.

Well, it's happened in a bad way. And this time I have a deadline. A DEADLINE!!!! of January 24th. By then I should have jumped through all sorts of hoops and dotted all the dots and submitted my application to see if I will be one of the 30 students accepted into a full-time program at a local community college.

It's a lot harder these days to get accepted than in the old days when you only had to fill out an application and then show up.

And on top of that, I have to take a test, which includes algebra- before I can even have my application reviewed.

It is a standardized test and I've spent some time looking online for practice tests, which only served the purpose of scaring the crap out of me and convincing me that I will not pass the test.

Hence, I am going to take the test before completing any more steps. I'm nothing if not efficient. Remember I've been out of school 20+ years!!! The last math I took was calculus II when I got my bachelor's degree so it's been a long while since algebra.

If I do not pass the test I will have a good excuse to return to being my lazy blogging/tweeting self since hey, I made the effort to apply - it's just that I did not get accepted.

Tomorrow I call and schedule the test.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...