Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Joy "Biased" Behar

Did anyone else catch The View yesterday? I rarely watch the show (with good reason) - but a late workout "forced" me into watching.

The show had no sooner started than Joy comes out with one of her politically charged statements.




It is so obvious her political affiliation -- as it comes through in most everything she says. She is becoming so predictable and seems so bitter towards the guests, especially since yesterday's guest happened to be none other than conservative Christian Joel Olsteen. Talk about night and day. And they had to sit side by side LOL.



He held up incredibly well against the Whoopi/Joy tag-team! Is that guy syrupy sweet??? Either he is an exceptional actor or he is a genuinely nice guy. I've never heard him speak before as religious shows are not my cup o' tea-- (so she doesn't want to hear political shows or religious shows?? gosh!)...

I rarely talk about politics or religion on the blog - so I won't say what "side" of either I come down on -- Although I can appreciate Joy's humor at times -- I've been around people who feel they need to work their political views into most every statement they make and it is quite frankly nauseating. I could probably sit in with the ladies and say what I would expect her to say after only watching a few episodes.

As soon as Whoopi started in on Joel about his church's view on homosexuality (which I don't agree with personally), saying that of course his church would not discriminate against those who are this, that and the other thing, Joy needed to stick in "and Muslim" - as if we don't already know never to make any derogatory remarks against Muslims!!!

She did actually manage to find one complimentary thing to say about the guest. I have no problem with political talk shows making their political views the focal point of the show (obviously) - but this show is supposed to be a couple of ladies talking about "hot topics" -- I don't see the need for the constant political spin....

Agree or disagree?

Have I dug myself into a hole with this post? I don't agree fully with the views of either Joy or the guest but I think it is possible to have a non-politically charged conversation, especially when he was on there to promote his happy book ....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...