Sunday, November 28, 2010

Another Holiday is in the Can

Hello Friends,
I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing holiday. I'll admit to being a bit of a Scrooge when it comes to the holidays, eagerly checking them off my "list" as they come and go. What can I say.....

We were just happy to have some downtime, and avoid the debacle that was last year's Thanksgiving (click to see my illustrated story).

The Secret: Not inviting any family members to come and visit :D

Most of the weekend was deliberately spent away from the computer (which accounts for my not having visited your blogs *sheepish look*) I like to try this every now and then to remind myself to soak in the little moments and the simple non-technical aspects of life. The car remained in the garage and we walked to town on Friday and Saturday. I visited the local yarn shop on Friday and Small Business Saturday.

I ended up crocheting not one, but two hats and attended a fan veil workshop in preparation for our next belly dance recital in January. It was a very crafty weekend.

I'm a creative type. Have always been, so I guess I was a little ticked at myself for not having taken on regular creative projects in the past year, spending that time instead on the computer and what do I have to show for it except a blog that has been gathering dust ;-)

If you are interested in seeing any of the above-mentioned projects (namely my hat and fan veil, I'll post some pics when I get a chance) Otherwise, carry on!

Oh, and if you have any dysfunctional family stories, I'm all ears!!

P.S. I did eat lots of pumpkin pie (ooops! I just typed "pumpking") - in 1" increments so it wouldn't be obvious I was consuming half the pie. Fact.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...