Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Two Things That I Find Hard to Believe

Did anyone else's eyes bug out when reading that the hourly wage of the "illegal" immigrant employed by California gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman was $23 an hour!!!! WTH??? Remember the job I applied for over the summer at the "upscale" movie theatre. They told me they were not permitted to go above minimum wage, and that job even included tidying up the bathrooms, which qualifies as a housekeeping duty...Clearly I am doing something wrong. Remind me why I got my degree again?

Secondly, I was on a giveaway forum the other day and there was a giveaway sponsor who would only take on bloggers having more than 5,000 uniques per month. And you know I am ever so close to that stat ;-) I had to decline. But then I see this newbie blogger (6 months) who appears desperate for blog sponsors who claims she got over 1,200 uniques in a DAY!!! riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I looked at her blog and let's just say it didn't appear to be bustling with activity.

I'm sure I can find some more things that are hard to believe, but that's all for today. What do you find hard to believe lately?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...