Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hey Mon!

There is something to be said for the living the life of a Rastafarian.



This weekend we attended Floydfest in the aptly named Floyd, VA. It is NOT Pink Floyd-fest. Somebody asked me that earlier today, assuming it was and that I was "much cooler than they thought" (uh, talk about a backhanded compliment!) Hey now, I do own The Wall.

One of the reasons I was clued in that there were many Rastafarians in attendance was that at the food vending area, there was a booth called "Pasta-far-i" :D (most of the other attendees were "upscale hippies" and plain boring people like us ;-) )




[caption id="attachment_2524" align="aligncenter" width="403" caption="This Guy Was Awesome!"][/caption]

We saw lots of amazingly cool folk, like this guy, who made a pendant for VC with this "guillotine-like" contraption. He would hit the three bells and chant before "releasing" the guillotine to punch the pendant. (now there's a fun job - maybe I can interview for that the next time I have a longer than 8 minute interview) VC's pendant featured the Eye of Horus on one side and and Juggling Court Jester on the other.

Which reminds me that the main purpose of our visit was that VC would be street performing.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="461" caption="VC Playing with Fire"]Photobucket[/caption]


People were very laid back despite the 95 degree temps and camping within inches of each other for three night's in a row. (We just headed up for the day) .... Some would be walking along and spontaneously break out in dance. There were official "compost people" posted near the trash cans to make sure everything was sorted properly. (Well, I'm not sure that that was "Rasta" but it was very earthy)...People were walking around in bare feet covered in dust but didn't seem to have a care in the world.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="461" caption="VC and Friends at Floydfest"]Photobucket[/caption]

"Type A" anals like me and MB could take some cues from these people. We are always stressed out thinking what the next day will hold. That didn't appear to be the case with the fun-loving people we saw. Oh, to be able to live like that! I swear one of these days I'm gonna toss the computer and simplify my life. Have you ever looked at people who are able to always walk around with a smile and sense of peace and wondered why you can't do that???

------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I was not very "Rasta" while preparing this post. Although I've heard that self-hosted Wordpress is "God's Gift to Blogging" (just made that up hee hee) -- photos have become a huge headache for me, so you will probably be seeing more photo-free posts until I regain my patience, which could potentially be in the year 2015.

P.P.S. If anyone hosts their photos on photobucket and can tell me how to get vertical pics to post vertically instead of horizontally, I'd love your help. This whole "hosting photos elsewhere thing" is a huge PITA.

P.P.P.S. Thank you to the 7 readers who have been continuing to read my blog over the summer.

P.P.P.P.S. Still time to get some beyoot-iful skin!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...