Saturday, October 23, 2010

Being Bratty (Part Deux)

I don't know about you, but I find this series refreshing. Hey, at least I've moved on from vacation constipation!!

Anyagitation, this morning I had an appointment. It was an appointment that was three weeks in the making. I've made no secret of the fact that I periodically see a "life coach" ;-) to help with my anxiety (so I can avoid medication). The appointments are few and far between, since to be honest, I'm not sure that they are all that helpful, as was probably clear from my vacation post.

I arrived a few minutes early and exchanged some friendly banter with a woman in the elevator. I went to the office, nodded to the receptionist and had a seat. Several minutes later it occurred to me that the "coach's" door was closed. It then occurred to me to ask at the desk. Sure enough, I had been double booked for the appointment (with friendly elevator lady), or as I later found out, my appointment was non-existent since she forget to write it down.

Way to make me feel important!!!

She should be paying me to listen to my clever stories :D

I was given the option of coming back in an hour since she had a cancellation, or rescheduling. In my mind, I'm thinking, "hmmmmmm...make things easier for her, or make her wait another week for her money." I chose the latter.

I figured I may as well not inconvenience myself.

I got on the highway to drive to pick up some groceries and something flew up and hit my windshield. Karma??? Luckily there was no damage, but I was stressing because MB's went out a few weeks back.

Anyway, I have a few concerns in general, namely:

(1) That she resembles a morning show host. And when I mentioned the likeness to her she had no idea who I was talking about; yet anyone with a modicum of awareness knows who this person is - even if they don't watch morning shows; and

(2) That I always feel like I have to go on the defensive about my blogging since I think she believes it is tantamount to "communicating with invisible friends"

Anyone else relate (to any of the above)

P.S. Still time to enter my canvas print giveaway!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...