Sunday, September 26, 2010

Well, That Was a Whopper of a Week!!!!

Remember earlier in the week, there was the belly dance drama? and then came the heartbreaking thingy that I learned? Well, by the end of the week, it all culminated in a lashing that took place at work. I need to be vague about it here (obviously) but let's just say that it was totally out of bounds and unprovoked. Oh, how I'd love to spill the beans. I may - once I get the heck outta there!!!!

I have to pat myself on the back for remaining cool, despite this individual practically begging me to say something back. Several people have remarked that they would have quit and gone right out the door. I knew that despite my blood pressure going through the roof and the pounding in my head -- that I needed to stick it out because I already have something in the works. It is a total long shot, but if you can send me some positive vibes, I could use some.

The next week and a half will require some of the best "acting" I have ever done. And I am far from someone who can act!!!!

I have got to get out of there for my sanity. It can't come soon enough...

Remember back when the "life coach" ;-) alluded to y'all as my "invisible friends" -- well, I am more and more thankful for my invisible friends.

This morning I opened my email to find a lengthy email from a blog friend, who I have known for almost two years now. Someone I respect. It was completely out of the blue, yet the message she wrote me was almost as if she had a sixth sense about what had transpired at my workplace, because her advice (although directed at something else) - was incredibly spot-on.

It seriously made my morning. To know that you guys care so much just warms my lil 'ole heart!!!

I've written in the past about how I've allowed myself to be "bullied" pretty much since childhood. That won't be happening any more.

The fact that I completely broke to pieces once I drove away from work (crying while out and about seems to be becoming a pattern - a bad pattern) -- is completely irrelevant because I stood my ground when it counted most. What's a little crumbling apart afterward - when the offending party has no idea???? ;-)

Have you ever stood your ground and completely amazed yourself???

P.S. I'm on "Day 2" of my jean shorts....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...