Thursday, September 23, 2010

Smelly Jeans That Look Nice

So what do you guys think of the dude from Levi Strauss who only washes his jeans every 6 months so that they will look good forever?? (I am assuming he does not work outside in the sun most days like someone I know. Why does crotch rot come to mind when I think of this???)

For everyday care he spot cleans them with Windex or Formula 409. Then he hangs them in his bathroom at night. When he takes a shower the steam "freshens them up."

His six month cleaning (does he mark this on the calendar??) consists of him filling the bathtub with water and adding 2 Tablespoons of Dr. Bronner's Magic Liquid Soap. (I've never heard of this - must find some). He lays his jeans flat in the tub and soaks them for 20 minutes, at which time he removes them and hangs by the beltloops to dry.

On sunny days he puts on the jeans while they are still slightly damp and sits in the sun which helps the jeans to conform to his body shape.

Up until recently, I would wash my jeans after each wear. It took a lot of convincing for me to go to an every other day schedule. I'm paranoid of looking stinky and dirty. But this does save me a bit of laundry. I'm not sure I can do this 6 month method though. And does he go around smelling like Windex??? That can't be too sexy.

I recently bought a pair of jeans at The Gap. The funky kind with rips in them. Inappropriate for my age, I dare ask???? They definitely shrunk up after one wash and now I can barely sit in them. (But they do look super-hot when I remain standing ;-) ) Thinking I may try to go more than every other wash with those to see if I can get them to loosen up some...

How often do you wash your jeans? Would you be tempted to try his method if you knew your jeans would last for years (because you know the styles never change ;-) )

P.S. I have added a new item to my etsy shop. It is a little kitschy but then sometimes kitschy is fun!!! Perfect for the harpist in your life :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...