Saturday, September 4, 2010

Marilyn Manson Angels - The Big Reveal

Wow!!  This  has been a much hyped (by me) post. Remind me not to do that again so that I am not embarrassed when the post fails to deliver -- As with my other artistic post, there is never a need to ohhhhhhhhh and ahhhhhhhhhh -- especially since the piece may not be to your liking...

Honest assessments are very much appreciated - I can take it!!!! Heck, you can even lambaste me some more over my inappropriate dance top!!!

This was the piece that I worked on in the 2 part class (6 hrs total- which included a LOT of chit chat.  I was superfocused.) Several of the participants didn't even finish 1/2 their paintings:

[caption id="attachment_3134" align="aligncenter" width="354" caption="carma's manson-esque angels"][/caption]

Does that chick on the right not look like Marilyn Manson????

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="351" caption="He's the Handsome Devil in the Middle"][/caption]


Those lips!!  That eye!!

About the writing:  I decoupaged the words from a song book once I saw the name of the song, "I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free"  -- those words have had a lot of meaning for me at many times in my life. I was so hung up with getting the words on the piece that it suffered a bit aesthetically.

We all painted angels, various interpretations, from our own heads. Of course I couldn't settle on one simple head and a large wing like everyone else........noooooooo...I had to do two angels.

Yes the one in the back is naked. No this is not one of my fantasies...It's just that I didn't want to make the one in the front naked since boobage would have needed to be shown - which is a no no, especially on an angel piece.

Since I finished that piece on Thursday, I've created two smaller, cartoonish angel pieces that I'll post sometime...I had A LOT of fun with them. Let's just say that one is the devil.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend. We've got a big juggling fest going on, and I'm about "juggled out" even though I did not do any juggling myself. Speaking of angels, VC is in juggling heaven! I'll post some pics of that next week too.

TTFN.

P.S. if you are interested in seeing my take on the Masters, you can see my artwork in this post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...