Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly & the Intentionally Ugly

I've been spending lots of time experimenting with paints this week, and here are the results. It was a mixed bag:

The Good - This small angel on panel




[caption id="attachment_3198" align="aligncenter" width="403" caption="Angel on Panel - Not Too Shabby"][/caption]

I mentioned to VC that one of the women in the class painted her kids as angels. I asked if he wanted me to do that for him (already knowing the answer). He declared "no way" and suggested I paint him as a devil instead (note to religious folk - this is not meant to offend - he really is a sweet kid - not at all devil-like - but for the sake of art.....) Hence, The Bad (as in Bada$$):

[caption id="attachment_3199" align="aligncenter" width="323" caption="VC as The Devil"][/caption]

The pitchfork must be made of rubber considering how it is bending.  Still need to re-work it.

Next I spent some time experimenting with antiquing. You can see the results were not quite as stunning as I had planned ;-) ) The Ugly:

[caption id="attachment_3200" align="aligncenter" width="323" caption="fyi - That is a Parrot on Her Shoulder"][/caption]

There is still a lot of refining to do, especially to soften the look of the eyes on all my pieces. Having not painted in years, I'm going to slow down some, so as not to burn myself out. Yep, I'm one of those who dives into things - goes all nuts and then gets bored quickly....

Oh, but in other fun news, the instructor decided to use a picture of me painting my angel piece to advertise future classes at her studio!




[caption id="attachment_3234" align="aligncenter" width="410" caption="Me Painting"][/caption]

As you can see, my newer angels are a lot more cheerful, cutesy. Do you prefer that over the more serious ones I did in this painting above? Any suggestions are very much appreciated!!

And now for the Intentionally Ugly. I swear my post about Marilyn Manson was prophetic because I no sooner put the post up and there was a new pic of Marilyn on the web showing him without his makeup, which is rare:

[caption id="attachment_3206" align="aligncenter" width="425" caption="Marilyn Manson Without Makeup"][/caption]

I'm skeered. ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...