Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Final Smackdown (aka I'm done with this crap)

I know I should not make precipitous decisions. Been guilty of doing that before. But I was all set to go to a belly dance sale today, and you know what?? I think I've finally been pushed over the edge and am done with it. For goods.

Last week it was the whole BDD sword nonsense. BTW, I was about to take up FabuLeslie's suggestion and purchase a sword for home, one for my car, one for class and I thought possibly create a retractable one for when I travel.

But then this morning I got a "friendly" email from another member of the group. Apparently she was P.O.'d that I mentioned to the instructor that she and another girl would not be back. This all occurred when the instructor was making a list of students so she would know how many groups we would need for the next dance. I should have stated she would not be back for THAT SESSION so that it could not have been inferred that she would not be back permanently. (even though she likely won't) My bad.

Here's what she had to say, "I heard that you and (other dancer) told (the instructor) that I wasn't coming back to her class. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I think that was my place to tell her whether I should come back or not. I've never said anything when she asked about you because that was your place to tell her."

People come and go. The instructor knows that. I probably should have phrased it better, but you know what, I'm too old for this crap. We've already discovered I'm too old for updating the gap in my lady parts, well, this morning I discovered that I'm also too old to put up with people who happen to take belly dancing a little more seriously than I do.

There have been several times in my life when I counted things as a "sign" that it is time to move on. And I truly believe this is one of those times. The fun is gone. And now so am I.

Have you ever just up and quit something and it was the best decision ever???  or are you still regretting it?

[caption id="attachment_3320" align="aligncenter" width="369" caption="I'm So Over All the Drama"][/caption]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...