Friday, September 17, 2010

Call Me Old Fashioned

I had to cringe when I glanced over at MB's facebook page, when I noticed the first entry up top in his timeline was an update from a family member on her pregnancy. The update, simply:

1.5cm dilated, 80% effaced, 0 station. Still waiting...

Really people, do we all need to know the exact size of the gap in your lady parts?????

Back when VC was born almost 15 years ago, if you can believe this, we didn't even own a home computer. Really! The only way to notify family members of the pregnancy, was to call everyone on the home phone. Similarly, they learned of his birth also via telephone!!! Those were about the only 2 mass communications we made over the 9 months.

How ever did they survive without receiving weekly photos of sonograms and my growing belly???

Family members saw photos of VC after we got double prints made at the local pharmacy and mailed them via the postal service!!!!

It was all so much less "in your face I'm having a baby and here's how big my opening is" -- and I kinda liked it that way....

Your thoughts? (I realize I'll probably catch some heat for this post- but have at it!!)

P.S. If you get a chance to comment on my photo in the photo contest, I'd love it! All it takes a is a quick comment :-) thanks guys!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...