Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Emmys & More

I didn't catch the entire broadcast other than to glimpse at the TV while getting organized, but I do have a couple observations:

1. Listening to the acceptance speeches makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a fork.

2. Jimmy Fallon totally rocked it - especially his Elton John and Billie Joe Armstrong impersonations.

3. One thing that was cringe-worthy: the gay jokes, especially considering the audience. When Lauren Graham and Matthew Perry made that gay quip when presenting, it fell completely flat, the same as when Neil Patrick Harris said that for the first time in Emmy history there were back-to-back gay hosts, insinuating that Jimmy Fallon was gay....UGH...

4. Another cringe worthy thing, Rita Wilson's dress- oh, and shoes:

[caption id="attachment_3017" align="aligncenter" width="426" caption="Does She Not Have a Stylist????"][/caption]

I don't think it would have been possible to pick an outfit that could possibly be any less flattering...outside of spandex.

I started up again with my belly dance class tonight...and I can confirm that I don't appear to be any better, despite taking classes with another instructor over the summer months...Sometimes you just need to come to the conclusion that it is fun to do something you enjoy even if you will never really be that outstanding. For me, this is always a hard pill to swallow, but not as hard as those cranberry ones that always get lodged in my throat.

The folk art class was a lot of fun and I'll be finishing up my second class this week (it is only a 2 class workshop) --- We are making "angel art" - the instructor's angels are cutesy and girly. My style has always been more primitive in nature: Fact is, my angels are more reminiscent of Marilyn Manson. I'll post a pic when the piece is finished and you can see for yourself. I'm hoping the market for Marilyn Mansonesque angels is a big one :)

Did you watch the Emmys or are you taking any interesting classes lately?

P.S. Now that I know your tire inflation habits, I'm leary of taking a road trip any time soon :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...