Friday, July 9, 2010

Is This Top Inappropriate

For someone of my age??




[caption id="attachment_1890" align="aligncenter" width="323" caption="Inappropriate Dance Attire?"][/caption]

VC (for those who don't regularly read my blog - VC is a 14 year old) came home from skating last night and was totally aghast when he saw me in this outfit. He couldn't believe I wore it outside the house and thought I was trying to be teenager.

I explained that the top is the newest dance top that my instructor sells at the studio (logo has been blurred). I liked it because she funked it up by cutting the back, like so:

[caption id="attachment_1891" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The Back (You can tell this by the tag)"][/caption]

Which only added to his displeasure. When I turned around VC was fit to be tied, he thought it was completely scandalous and was concerned that I might get arrested by mall security if I wore it at the local mall (where they have strict rules for teens)....

And when I told him that I may have worn it to skating once, he about passed out...

I did feel a little tacky wearing it skating so I won't be doing that again anytime soon. But that's neither here or there. Some of the girls at the dance class wear those tiny bra tops so compared to them this is schoolmarm-ish.

I may not be in my twenties or even my thirties, but I'll be darned if I'm gonna dress like Frumpy McFrumpster in my forties!!

What's your opinion? Please be honest. Agreement is not required :D

P.S. Whenever I do these belly dance posts I like to reiterate that I am NOT THAT GOOD A DANCER...This was further evidenced when I saw the video of the last recital *cringes*

P.P.S. I also need to add that this is the same kid who thought the shirt I wore to his middle school moving on ceremony was "old lady-ish" (sure it was from J. Jill - but it was one of their more 'edgy' items ;-) ) and that the shorts I wore a week ago looked like "grandma shorts." I can't win!!

P.P.P.S. $60 Gift Certificate to CSN Stores still up for grabs!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...