Wednesday, July 14, 2010

25 More Things You Wish You Did Not Know About Me & A Winner!

I haven't done a meme in about 6 months, so consider this my bi-annual meme. There is a good chance I may not do another one for another 6 months. Kristie, a fellow Southerner (she's a self-professed hillbilly; I'm a Southern suburbanite), tagged me and I decided to take on the challenge of coming up with 25 more things that I haven't mentioned in my profile. I doubt I can top her lack of hot gorilla action. I'd be having plenty of that only I've come down with a bad case of shin splints. Here we go:

1. Although I am a Southerner, I am not one by birth and therefore if you met me you would not realize I was a Southerner, even though I have lived in the south for 17 years. That said, I often say "all y'all."

2. I find it very difficult to lie; I break out in hives

3. When shopping, I like to buy things in even numbers, so if I am buying tomato puree , for example, I normally put 4 cans in the cart - as opposed to three or five

4. I cannot whistle

5. My legs are 79% hair free

6. I like Eminem. Have for years. (I may not agree with the misogynistic lines in some of his previous albums, but I respect his talent) As always, feel free to disagree :D

7. I've tried eating vegetarian burgers a few times but when I hit on something "hard" I immediately think of gristle and have to spit it out (rest assured this is not done at the table)

8. I don't like to offend people, and if I think I may have offended someone it keeps me up at night (srsly)

9. I'd love to get a "past life regression" done only I'm too "frugal"; this kind of thing fascinates me - esp after what I've read on the topic

10. When I was young I always wanted to be an artist

11. I've settled on working at a dead end job in an art-related field

12. I have three piercings in my left ear; one in my right (in addition to the navel piercing that was just begging for an 'inappropriate top')

13. I have a HUGE fear of never accomplishing anything of significance in my lifetime

14. I've been told (by a teen I am related to) that I have a "little kid voice" that I use when speaking to little kids and that it is supposedly "annoying." I plan on continuing to use it. Often.

15. I rarely ever parallel park; I'll take the time to find a regular spot - and this bothers "the boys"

16. I passed my driver's test the first time, but had one strike against me for "attention"

17. I don't always pay close attention

18. I rarely ever drink; not for moral reasons, just doesn't appeal to me; I'd be happy with a Kool Aid

19. I wish that I had nicer eyelids so that I could wear eyeshadow without it completely disappearing once I open my eyes

20. I am in awe of creative geniuses

21. I am hooked on a rice and black bean dish that I have been making at least twice a week

22. I avoid wearing flipflops

23. I am anti-hammertoe

24. I could easily get by without a cell phone

25. I graduated Summa Cum Laude - haven't done much with my degree; but this fact is good to put in memes so I appear intelligent ;-)

If you would like to participate in this meme, consider yourself tagged. Please let me know if you do it so I can be sure to visit your blog.

And now for the winner of the $60 gift certificate to CSN Stores:

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

169

Timestamp: 2010-07-14 03:30:51 UTC

Congratulations Kristine Michelle -- who will be able to purchase the Prince Lionheart Wheely Bug Bee Ride-On Toy for her son :-)

Thanks to everyone who entered and for all your kindness over the past two years!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...