Saturday, June 19, 2010

You Play the Doctor

Do you remember that TV show where you are given a set of symptoms throughout the show so you can make a diagnosis before the ailment is revealed at the end. Let's play that.

Patient presents with the following mark on wrist:

If you are like me, you would have been thinking an onset of poison ivy. (this photo was taken a day or two later so it isn't as red as it was at the onset) Or maybe a burn from removing a corning bowl from the microwave. Either that or some type of generic contact rash. You would be writing it down to ask the doctor about it at the physical that is coincidentally scheduled for that week....

Yep, you might be thinking all that-- until teenage patient scratches his head and remembers it is from the other day when he and his friends (who are all very bright) decided to take a break from being computer technicians and thought it would be a good idea to put two zip ties on his wrists so he could see how long it would take him to "escape." As in a verrrrrry long time. Until he finally gave in and reached for the scissors.

Boy geniuses I tell you!!! And to think the other morning I was watching a clip about the stupid Youtube tricks that kids mimic - and I thought - no way would my kid ever try any of those ridiculous stunts ;-)

Like father, like son. (MB is forever using zip ties to repair just about everything)...

Speaking of fathers -- Overstock has some excellent buys on all sorts of things for dads. Maybe some new men's shoes, items for his home bar, or Samsung electronics....

Have a happy Father's Day tomorrow blogger dads!!

What does your father or husband use as his "go to" all purpose fix-it?

11 comments:

buffalodick said...

Duct tape has repaired everything ever invented that failed... That and a pair of channel locks, you could create a civilization!

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

who would have thought?

my dad isn't the fix-it type and I don't think he's ever used duct tape or zip ties in his life. :-)

my husband, however, is quite the fan of zip ties!

Where the Fur Flies said...

How sad is it that I was pretty close to the right diagnosis? I figured it was a rope burn.

My dad taught me that a handy person only needs things in their tool box. Duct tape, a Ukrainian screwdriver (the one that holds all the bits in the handle) and WD40.

Where the Fur Flies said...

(Darnit! That would be THREE things in the toolbox.)

Unknown Mami said...

My husband just throws things away. Why fix it, when you can toss it, I guess?

mac said...

I'm not into the adhesives so much as the tools. I fugure, why tape, glue or tie it, when I can drill and tap it, add a screw and fasten the thing for life? And, it's just as easy to unfasten!


As for my "go to" tool?
VICE GRIPS ! They are the most versatile tool in the history of ever :-)

blueviolet said...

It's always to the duct tape over here! I do like twist ties, but not on me!

alessandra said...

Boys are geniuses, and hubby always uses brown tape, hate it!

Kaylen said...

Ha- love it. I haven't heard of any zip tie incidents with my son and friends, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time...

My dad is like mcgyver- but in an unfortunate way. He will jimmy-rig anything to make it work, which sometimes takes more time and energy than just fixing it the way a normal person would. I could go into more detail about how frustrating this is, but I'll refrain, given that I'm writing this on Fathers Day. :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

duct tape fixes everything.

Super Mom | Maternity Belly Bands said...

This is my first time to visit your blog and I actually like it. I have a knack in searching for blogs related to Tummy Tankz.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...