Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What's Lightweight and Sturdy and Has Two Wheels and Is Headed to Camp??

That would be the new American Tourister Luggage that will soon be filled with juggling props and mismatched socks as VC heads off to camp this summer.
And you know I'll miss the big guy.

We did a little test run, and the luggage rolls as smooth as imaginable with its side-mounted wheels. And unlike the flimsy luggage that I spent the trip to Grand Cayman picking up every time it topped over since it was resting on a rounded handle (?) this luggage sits upright and is mighty sturdy...I'm jealous!

And when they say, Ultra-soft padded carry handles - they mean it! As soon as I picked up the luggage I was amazed how soft and squishy the handle was.

Luckily the bag also has "2400 Denier wear-points to ensure it meets even the harshest travel conditions" -- as traveling with a 14-year old has the potential for harshness :D

What are the odds that VC will fold his shirt up this neatly to take advantage of the elastic cross straps?
I thought about not saying anything and swapping VC's new awesome luggage with mine, but then what was it I said yesterday about bringing people happiness???

Are your kids headed off to camp this summer and will you be despondent like me ;-) or elated to have some downtime?

------------------------------------
Full Disclosure: I received this luggage from Luggage.com for the purposes of this review.

16 comments:

Kristin said...

I don't even take advantage of the cross straps. HA!

Kristin said...

p.s. In case you hadn't heard...Our blog has moved! We would love for you to visit us at our new site: http://www.bonbonrosegirls.com/
Unfortunately, if you followed us with Google Friend Connect you'll have to re-follow but everything else is the same! Hugs, K

~Kristen~ said...

He will loooooove summer camp!!! And when you hear how happy he is it will make the separation a little easier on you, too. My brother and I both went to summer camp a few weeks every summer. We each started at the age of 8 and went until we were in our early 20's and on staff! Summer camp memories are some of my best childhood (and teen year and early adult...) memories!!! :-)

Herding Cats said...

I could use one of those.

blueviolet said...

I never use those straps. I should, but I don't! Is he packing it with clothes or juggling paraphernalia?

Unknown Mami said...

I think the side-mounted wheels are so much better than what I have.

Slamdunk said...

He looks like a happy camper.

The 9 year old has just some day sports camps lined up; otherwise he is at the disposal of mom and dad's home summer camp of boredom.

THELOOKING_GLASS said...

I hate to pack, I pull all my clothing out and hubby packs like a Pro! ha, Ha!
I have a 20 year old on College VAC.. and the 9 year old will be attending kids college 2 days a week. I'll be in the kitchen making samwiches....

Salt said...

I'd say those odds are probably slim to none, but he looks so happy with that luggage! I hope he has an awesome time at camp!

Tracie said...

Mine are gone to grandma's for 2 weeks and I don't know what to do with myself.

That's a lie. I've been watching Lifetime and reading books for 2 days.

Yankee Girl said...

I miss going to summer camp!

My luggage is old and falling apart. Must look into this website for something new!

alessandra said...

Folding shirts, bah, overrated ;)

Lisa Paul said...

I would be tempted to say you are selling out, but I'd sell out to for that sweet luggage. Is your guy going to Juggling Camp? Or is he running away to the circus?

Where the Fur Flies said...

I got myluggage from a discount store a few years ago. They were at the bottom of the pile and 70% off - and they're Liz Claiborne. Total fashion scoop, if I do say so myself.

Lucy said...

The luggage looks great, I could use something like that.

He will love camp and after a few days you will enjoy some quiet time and then you will be ready for him to be home. Enjoy it and don't worry too much!!

M-Cat said...

Mine don't go off to camp anymore, but I used to LOVE it. I would dig into their rooms and deep clean like nobody's business!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...