Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Oh, I Don't Know



I've been swamped with driving all over creation today, but it got me to thinking. I'm sure you've all heard the news about former tennis star Jennifer Capriati's "accidental overdose" - which some have been attributing to depression because she is unable to compete due to a career-ending shoulder injury. (Other surprising news was that she has been dating a pron star for over 6 years. Wow-sa!! Would not have pictured that. )

But then given the fact that she's already won several grand slams, I'm thinking if that were me it would excite the heck outta me and give me a sense of accomplishment that would probably last oh, at least 20 years or so...

Compare that with living a life where you have never had a real sense of accomplishment and never found your passion.

Which would be worse?

A career ending injury after a pretty darn good career or never finding your passion and living with the fear of becoming (to quote Homer Simpson) - "old and useless"?? I'd go with the former any day.

What about you?

P.S. Do you know I am having a giveaway?

P.P.S. It's almost Wipeout time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...