Monday, June 7, 2010

If Only I Wasn't Too Lazy to Chase and Hit the Ball

....I'd take up tennis! In lieu of playing my own tennis though, it is a treat to watch Rafael Nadal "Rafa" (to those in the know- which wasn't me until yesterday) play tennis. I figure I get worked up into just as much of a sweat as if I had been playing tennis ;-)


Actually, I was watching CBS Sunday Morning yesterday as I usually try to do (because I am old and boring) and the next segment was to be about the BP Oil Spill again (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) so I flipped to NBC and there was Rafael in all his sweaty glory with his $525,000 wristwatch.

I'm seriously afraid to wear my "good earrings" skating for fear I may lose one, so to wear the equivalent of a house or two or three on my arm?? Not gonna happen. But Rafa can afford to do this or anything much else he wants to....

P.S. I am not kidding about being too lazy to run and chase the ball. Several years ago VC decided we should learn to play tennis, so we both got racquets for Christmas. After one session at the local tennis court, he quit in annoyance because whenever the ball would land at the far end of my side of the court, I would saunter over to pick it up. The pros don't do that I guess.

P.P.S. Please enter my giveaway if you get a chance; all it requires is a comment. As one astute reader pointed out, the other options are a bit much considering the size of the prize :D

21 comments:

mac said...

The closest as I get to a court is watching ladies tennis on TV occaisionally. It seems like a lot of work to me ;-)

I never cared for golf either. It seems silly chasing that tiny white ball around al day.

Multiple personalities.. said...

Oh my, that man is quite the delicious looking athlete! And he's quite good at the tennis thing too. I've only tried playing tennis once..and I'll never do it again! I totally lack the stamina and speed necessary to lob that little ball over that stupid net...but I like watching it, especially when Rafa is playing. *DROOL*

alessandra said...

I agree in toto.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I need to start watching tennis. He is cute.

Mommy, I'm Home said...

I won't run and chase the ball either. If it's not hit right to me, you're out of luck...

Kristina P. said...

I used to play raqcuetball, which is enclosed in a small room, so the ball isn't too far away. I'm lazy too.

Salt said...

I decided I was going to take up tennis a couple years ago. I got a brand new racket. Then I played exactly one time.

It's not my thing. I'd much rather sit at home on the couch and watch that guy on tv. :)

Randi Troxell said...

yea.. i so wouldn't run to chase the balls either.. is he kidding, lol

Rebecca Jo said...

thats why you need a ballboy or ballgirl to go get those bouncy little boogers!

Mommyof2girlz said...

I used to play tennis as a youngster..now, no way, absolutely no energy. I'll leave that to the peppy people..lol

M-Cat said...

That's what happened the one and only time Splenda Daddy took me to play raquetball. After a few minutes he said, "You realize you need to run after the ball to hit it, right?"

Never again.

THELOOKING_GLASS said...

Wow, that's what Tennis Pros look like. I need to watch Yennis, pronto!

blueviolet said...

That there male carries a bit of hotness within!

Kristin said...

Seriously?? I would be terrified to wear something that spendy. That's ballsy! HA!

Jen said...

The pros don't chase the balls unless they're still in play, either. That's why they have those kids hanging out by the net at every game.

Joann Mannix said...

Now, that is a hot man! I might just have to start watching tennis! Yum.

My parents were tennis nuts and they made my sisters and I take tennis lessons for years. I hated it then and still do now. It is great exercise and evidently from the looks of things, It's easy on the eyes, too!

Where the Fur Flies said...

No way would I wear something that expensive... ever, let alone to play tennis in. Come to think of it, I don't think I'd ever own something that pricey. I'd rather have the house, or two, or three.

Herding Cats said...

I kind of think its ridiculous someone would buy a watch that expensive. It's JUST a watch.

Max Evel said...

Nothing wrong with being lazy.
Ya lazy hater !
LOL !

Tracie said...

All of a sudden, I'm a huge tennis fan.

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too said...

Yum. I think I could watch him all day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...