Friday, June 4, 2010

How I've Been Spending My Day Off (so far)

It is 12:01 pm and thus far I have:

Gotten VC ready for school (made his breakfast and lunch and rushed him out the door)
Gone back to bed until 10:00
That was a tough decision because I suddenly remembered Justin Bieber would be performing on the Today Show this morning. Opted for bed instead. If you missed seeing Justin - you can see the clip here. (VC cringes that I like Bieber music - so I'll need to check if he is interested in seeing the clip when he gets home from school! Looking forward to getting the raised eyebrow when I mention it.)
Worked out for 35 minutes on the elliptical machine.
Extended workout an extra minute because I flipped channels and saw that Cody Gifford is now reviewing movies with his mom on the Today Show with Hoda and Kathie Lee. Yeah, that was a must-see ;-) I know so many of you are Kathie Lee fans (tee hee) that I wanted to get that in. Cody is a so-so reviewer and mom kept interrupting and doing most of the talking. No surprise there.
Worked out with weights for 15 minutes to a workout DVD. "Let's kick it...."
Had chewable calcium tablet. Caramel - I now get excited about my daily calcium intake.
Updated blog with this lame post.
About to hit the shower (It is now 12:07 PM)

How much more excitement can I possibly fit in this one day????


----------------------------------------------
addendum: since then I have:

had big bowl of cheerios with vanilla soy milk
brushed single hair off my arm and realized it was COMPLETELY GRAY!!!!!! :-(
realized I should look like I am doing something important as MB is headed home early
blogging doesn't count...

24 comments:

Michelle Pixie said...

I have to say your day sounds quite lovely! My hubby is headed home early today too...I have cleaned 1 bathroom and only 2 more to go before he gets here {oh and of course laundry lots and lots of laundry!} BlECH!

Salt said...

You just perfectly described the day that I WISH I was having right now. Except that I did get sushi and an Italian ice for lunch. So there's that.

M-Cat said...

You had me at the thought of going back to bed. I just want ONE DAY. To lay in my bed and DO NOTHING!

alessandra said...

hehehe, nice day off ;)

Lucy said...

So, Kathie Lee has Cody working on the Today Show, I would have loved to have seen that. See, I kind of raised my little ones listening to Kathie Lee in the morning. My son is a year old than Cody and my daughter is a year older than Cassidy and I use to watch Regis and Kathie Lee every morning, memories.
Oh, well, I hope you are enjoying your day off!!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

You sound pretty productive to me.

Herding Cats said...

It's my day off too. I've read. Yep, that's it. You have been much more productive than me!

Merri Ann said...

Ha Ha ... sounds wonderful. I like how you created a category for Cody.

My day started at 3:52 AM when my daughter woke me to say she had to pee pee ... and of course I couldn't get back to sleep ... just too much to do.

I'll trade you :))

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

I would have liked to have seen Cody, how old is that kid now???? I watched Regis & Kathie Lee back in the day and was never so tired of hearing the name Cody in my life ;-)

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

p.s. It never ceases to amaze me that most folks can spell Kathie Lee correctly, yet I get called "Kathy" or "Katie"....hmmmmm, funny.

Marie said...

Thats ok. It is my birthday and so far I've done nothing (it is 1:30). I managed to take a shower. Of course I'm a night owl so I'll make up for it tonight :)

You're supposed to enjoy your day off and do nothing! And Beiber? I'm not even sure how to spell his name. But bleck :p

Mommyof2girlz said...

Sounds like a great day so far. It's 2:15 and I can't even begin to describe my day so far..however I have had peace and quiet for almost 10 minutes already while I sit here blogging and eating leftover birthday cake :)

Kristin said...

You worked out? I'm so darn lazy. HA!

Kimberly said...

I have to say...I really just don't get Kathie Lee. She makes my skin crawl...she never allows others to finish. I just can't stand that she thinks she has coined the phrase "Everyone Has a Story" I am pretty sure she even has a trade mark on the phrase...so if anyone says it she gets money. It is as bad as the Hilton girl saying "Thats Hot".

Glad you had a nice workout. Hope you will join us for "Mia Monday" every week there is a different theme. Monday is posting five photos of yourself, and telling us about them. Link up to our meme!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

I am cringing that you like Justin Bieber....

THELOOKING_GLASS said...

I guess I'm the only one out here who likes Kathie Lee.. oh well, sorry I missed it, would have loved to see Cody.. Like the bieber buble gum music, can't stand the head swooshing to fix his hair. Get a real haircut!

I Wonder Wye said...

Glad you enjoyed your day.i will check out the calcium chew. I heard they were good. If you want to see a head of all gray hair -- look no further!

mac said...

Sometimes, those not doig anything much days are the best days.


However, the kids have been out of school here for a while now. I wouldn't ave had need to worry about what I was doing, my son
would have big plans...something about a mall and my money, I'm sure ;-)

Mrsblogalot said...

Now that you've worked out I feel guilty.

I'm taking out my dvd right now.

I know I'll thank you later (-:

JennyMac said...

Sorry for the gray hair..but vanilla soy milk? YUM. And I have MiniMac thinking it is a vanilla milkshake. NICE.

buffalodick said...

We got new next door neighbors, that have two little kids..been a long time since I heard reedy little kid voices yelling from next door!

shraddha said...

its a blessing to have nice comfortable life..

sorry for not visiting you for so long...

love and hugs

Bethany said...

Sounds like a great day to me! I've been out of school for a week and I've worked for 4 of those days, traveled for the others. Aweesssomme!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too said...

Hey, at least you got your workout in!!! That's a lot more than some people can say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...