Sunday, June 13, 2010

Here's My Ten Cents; My Two Cents is Free

Listening to Ben Stein's commentary this morning (gotta love his monotone!) about his shrink's ideas as to who is happiest in life - which would be those who 'choose to live life' -- those who take risks and pursue college majors that they enjoy - not those that their parents suggest,

reminded me that I've been wanting to do a new regular feature: Carma's Life Lessons.

As an old broad, I've been around for a while and made many mistakes so I figured I'd share some in life lesson format.

Are you still awake???

The first lesson will be last week's lesson: If you continue to be responsible for everyone else's happiness, prepare to live an unhappy life.

And here's Lesson #2:

If you continually pick apart your appearance (possibly your nose that you hate) - don't be surprised if somewhere out of the blue the least likely person comes out with the exact same comment, the lesson being: Don't point out your own flaws; there are plenty of people waiting to do that for you; They don't need any help!

What do you think? Are these of any use?

15 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That makes perfect sense. You are a genius!

Where the Fur Flies said...

Makes sense to me.

Lisa said...

I totally agree! Especially with the first one...trying to make everyone else happy is bad on a person. I think you have to make yourself happy then that will come along with it.....I wish I took my own advice.

alessandra said...

Oh yea! totally agree;)

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

good lessons!

buffalodick said...

Sort of what I said earlier- how to burn out...

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

Yep, you got it!

Couldn't make me sit and listen to Ben Stein though...

mac said...

Good lessons, to be sure!

What's wrong with your nose? It looks fine to me!

Unless...Your nose runs and your feet smell???

;-)

angelcel said...

Words of wisdom oh great one - I think you should consider writing self-help books, I really do. :)

NIKOL said...

They totally make sense. Also? I adore Ben Stein. Sincerely.

Unknown Mami said...

Not picking your nose is great advice. At least not in public. Wait, I think I read that one wrong.

M-Cat said...

Truth on both accounts. I really need to apply the first one. I feel so compelled to make sure that everyone is having a good time, no one's feelings are hurt and that everybody is happy. It bites me more times than I can count.

Slamdunk said...

Yes, both are valid. I did not read them in a Ben Stein-like monotone voice though--if I should have just let me know.

Lucy said...

Hey, I can always use some tidbits and I have to admit I have been starting to come to the same conclusion about worrying about others happiness. Just don't have time to make everyone happy anymore!

Yankee Girl said...

These are great tips. I used to care about everyone's happiness and then I realized that I was miserable. Though now that I do my best to make myself happy, people call me selfish.

What is so wrong with being selfish anyway?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...