Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Yesterday I Made $5


As dedicated as I am to helping support the household, on none other than my DAY OFF WORK, I made $5!!! (that is a photo of the actual bill)

I've probably mentioned my HS friend who I was reunited with after over 20 yrs as we bumped into each other at a monster truck show (5 states away from the state we grew up in).....Anyway, we discovered that we now live about 45 mins from each other in this new state, and we like to meet up at the mall about once a month to catch up on things...

There we were strolling through the mall when one of those survey people accosted us with her clipboard and asked if we were interested in taking a survey. My friend was about to blow them off, when I heard the magic words: You will earn $5. Ever the skeptic, I made sure that the $5 was actually $5 and not some gift card with restrictions...Assured that it was cash money, we proceeded to the survey room.

I'm never one to pass up some easy money. So there we were taking a survey about a new perfume. They got their money's worth, since part of the survey, after all the interview questions were finished, was to write a story beginning with "Once upon a time" about the perfume. And they provided you with about 20 lines on which to write said story.

Not sure that they were overly pleased with the results, since my story revolved around an older lady. The perfume clearly smelled like old lady perfume. And so did I the rest of the day....


P.S. I see that many of you are playing "diplomatic" with the question I posed yesterday about the hypothetical person. Just adding a little more info that may help you make a decision. The Sat. night session ends at 11:30 and the rink is located an hour away from the house.....Not to sway your opinion in either direction ;-)

P.P.S. Sorry I am behind in visiting all of your fine blogs. I've been busy doing important surveys.

25 comments:

blueviolet said...

I would have done the survey too. These days $5 is nothing to scoff at.

PS. Ixnay on the roller-ay.

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

I did the survey thing one time too, but it wasn't anything interesting that i can remember...and I remember being creeped out to be taken by myself to some strange room at the back of the mall. I think I watch too much crime tv!

Rebecca Jo said...

$5???? I'd do it too... even if I had to smell like an old lady afterwards...that's a skein of yarn right there!

Jayne said...

$5 eh?? Not to be sniffed at at all. Just another 199,000 visits and you'll be a millionaire.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

$5 for a short survey seems like a good deal.

Salt said...

I've never done a survey that paid money! Unless you count the time I was doing some radio survey and they kept sending me $1 bills.

Yep...I'd definitely smell like an old lady for $5.

Randi Troxell said...

don't worry ... i so probably would have done it too for 5 bucks.. the green stuff is the green stuff!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

I'd do a survey for $5 too!

alessandra said...

Wow, 5$, I would do a survey a day!
hmmm, or not?
Okay, if you are taking a poll to submit to hubby, I think 2 nights a week are absolutely tooo much ;) XOXO

Jennifer Lynn said...

I never got $5 BUCKS!! It was always $1. Lucky!!

buffalodick said...

In the immortal words of the song "The Great White North"..10 bucks is 10 bucks...

Mommyof2girlz said...

Sweet! I did the same thing leaving Target one day and got a $10 Target Gift card..score!

Mrsblogalot said...

Wow! I woud have smelled like an old lady for $2.

You're lucky! (-:

Bethany said...

Nice! I would totally do a survey for $5!!!!

LambAround said...

1st of all, I love blogs that have personal photos of the blogger the best :)

2nd, I want $5 too!!! I'm so bitter though when I'm out in public and some solicitor talks to me. I'd be down the street by the time by brain registered that I could've had $5, and all the awesomeness I could have bought with it (like a Venti Raspberry Mocha Frappuccino Light from Starbucks, with change left over!) will haunt me the rest of the day!

~Lamb

LambAround

mac said...

I would have so done it for $5!

then, I would have made them regret asking for my story.
"Once upon a time, there was an old lady who smelled so bad because she wore cheap perfume, like this..."

Yankee Girl said...

First of all, I wanted to say that I have missed you! I haven't been around much....

I am all about the easy money! Sometimes it pays to take the weird surveys!

Herding Cats said...

I wonder if they would have allowed you to take the survey a few times? I would have tried!

Kaylen said...

Total score. I love free money!!!!

THELOOKING_GLASS said...

Hi,
I found your blog via Doris the Great... I like your sense of humor.. I too did surveys, via mail, they paid me $20.. Easy money.

Aunt Juicebox said...

I once got $5 at the mall for eating some potato chips and doing a survey on them. I'd actually been hoping they'd just give me a bag of chips.

As for the hobby question, I think two days a week is a little excessive if it's something you aren't doing together. One day a week should be enough, especially if it takes up time on a Saturday. Considering work, kids, housework and upkeep, most couples don't get a whole lot of quality time together, and if one of them is spending two nights a week doing something without their S.O., I'd have to wonder if something was wrong. But that's just my opinion, based on my own experiences.

Joey @ Big Teeth and Clouds said...

A real $5 would get me to take a mall survey too. It's a shame you ended up smelling like an old lady. That smell hangs in your car and everything.

Kristin said...

Five bucks is five bucks! That buys a couple cupcakes!

Slamdunk said...

I say nice work on getting the cash. Our family is the one shaking down soda machines for change. Perhaps, survey taking is a better and cleaner way to fly.

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too said...

Way to go! I'm not one to pass up surveys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...