Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nicole Wins Dancing and in Other Exciting News I Did a Load of White Wash

There is nothing like devoting 10 weeks to a predetermined outcome. Not to mention the two hours I spent last night watching the finale; Len even proclaimed Nicole the winner BEFORE Evan danced!

To top it off, I had just returned from my new dance class, which unlike my previous dance class, is a workout - and yet I somehow found myself eating 2 muffins, a protein bar and a small bag of trail mix and some pretzel stix while watching Dancing. Talk about self-sabotage. Dag Blame DWTS!!!!

Here's my thoughts: Can we not get a season of "stars" who are not already dancers, you know, just to make things a little more interesting. Ochocinco, who, despite my friend's husband referring to him as "Ocho-stinko" was the non-dancer who got closest to winning. At least we were able to see him progress throughout the show. I can't believe I am going to say this, but it was also semi-interesting to see Kate show a tiny bit of "improvement" during her stay on the show, since she was obviously a bonafide non-dancer. Although that closeup photo at the end from up above made her look like a giant head balloon.

Granted, Nicole oooozes talent (compared to her - I am the Kate Gosselin of belly dancing) and is a true performer so she was not painful to watch...

That being said, of the final two - I was pulling for Evan, awkwardness included. He reminds me of a gentle teddy bear. And didn't it seem like he had a little crush on Anna by the end? Watching that relationship develop - from the zero chemistry at the outset was fun to watch.

Derek and Nicole on the other hand, were pros from the get-go. What was to develop??? Erin joked on GMA this morning that Derek and Nicole had all their dances choreographed on the first day, which would not surprise me ;-)

Every season I swear that I am never watching again. And then I sit down and watch. And snack. Somebody help me break the cycle!!!

I even found Gwyneth Paltrow's new conehead shellacked 'do

to be more fascinating that watching the finals of Dancing unfold. Yet I much prefer the "natural" Gwyneth. And I feel comfortable saying this since I am a subscriber to her Goop newsletter.

Any thoughts on Dancing or Gwyneth's new do? How many weeks days hours do we give Erin and Mak's relationship? (shame on me)

VC was watching the argument segment and when I mentioned they were dating, he said, "They already act like they are married!" Touche!

21 comments:

Salt said...

Dear Gwyneth, Please step away from the Bumpits.

Love, Salt.

I didn't watch Dancing at all this season so I have no comment on any of that, but I will always have a comment on a celeb's stupid hairstyle.

smArtee said...

I only saw the last hour..recorded it but only watched last hour..I missed Erin and Maks gettin kicked off..I kinda wanted them to win...I have a slight crush on Maks...slight I say, because I think hes kinda cute...but I know he would never live up to my fantasy of him...Hells No...anyway...I know..Nicole is "Such" a dancer already...and that is a sham...I dont really care because my favorite show of all time starts on Thursday..
SYTYCD..now that is raw, hot, steamy talent....and when I watch i feel like a dancer myself..yep..Do you watch...?

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

I was disappointed that Nicole and Derek won. Yes, they deserved it I suppose and all that jazz, but I prefer the "upset" kind of endings. I like the dark horse to win, I can't help it, I always cheer on the underdogs in life.

I wanted Evan & Anna to win because Anna seemed to want to win really badly and she's sweet. Also, Nicole really irked me when they showed her bawling like a drama queen at a practice and saying "but I'm an artist, I'm not like the others" uhhh, excuse me? take that attitude somewhere else princess pussycat.

Anyway, I think Maks is cute so I wanted him and Erin to do well. lol. As for them dating...well, maybe they thrive on bickering but I predict it will get old real quick. I could be wrong.

Jayne said...

Can't comment on the Dancing prog but I can on Gwyneth's conehead do. I don't like it, especially as it looks welded in place. And I don't much care for the frock either for that matter!

Herding Cats said...

Gwyneth's hair looks like a Jersey girl's gone bad. No bueno!

alessandra said...

I don't follow DWTS, however sometimes I see the italian version, and this year we had "your" Ron Moss, but I don't know if he won.

buffalodick said...

You watch it because you are a girlie girl..I don't, because I'm not!

Joshua said...

The only DWTS I see is when they (and rightly so, in my opinion) make fun of it on E!'s "The Soup."

I'd take the "natural"-haired Gwyneth any day. Hell, I'd just take Gwyneth any day. It's the accent (as I'm not partial to blondes...not that I'd kick her out of bed for it...and it's interesting since The Wife is a blonde...I'm rambling...sorry...).

Randi Troxell said...

i don't watch DWTS's but i do agree that i don't think nicole should have been a celebrity contestant.. just isn't fair i don't think!

Kristin said...

Wait...I thought you were a Gwynny hater? You subscribe to Goop? Didn't you talk smack about it when Meg posted about her adoration for it? HA!

Yankee Girl said...

I stopped watching DWTS after Donny Osmond won. I just can't do it anymore.

I too hate that there are always people who already know how to dance on the show. It seems a little unfair....

As for Maks and Erin....I give them 6 weeks. And even that is probably pushing it.

Rebecca Jo said...

Thats exactly why I wanted Evan to win... yeah, he has some kinda dance experience, but Nicole made a LIVING dancing in Vegas with the Pussycat dolls!!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

What was Gwyneth thinking? I think she may have missed a meal and her brain cells were in pain.
I agree...dancers/performers should not be allowed on this show. :)

Mommyof2girlz said...

No Gwyneth, no!

I tried to watch DWTS last night but was vetoed by hubby who actually ended up falling asleep watching his show...grrr. Oh well, it's not like I didn't know who was going to win although I always rout for the underdog :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Hate Gwyneth's new do.

Melissa B. said...

Dear Fellow Bon: I wondered about that Pussycat Doll. If she does it for a living, then why is she on this show? And you know, I've always loved Gwyneth. She does make some odd choices though...in fashion and in movies.

tattytiara said...

You know what they need to do? Bring back Circus of the Stars! There's a reality show that put 'em all on equal footing. I don't think they actually won anything, though. Just tried really hard not to die wearing sequins.

FabuLeslie said...

That hair is no good! It looks like she had a full-body condom on and just took it off. Or she was loaded as a human cannonball into a... cannon? Or maybe she is trying out a look in preparation for being a hot dog for halloween? You've gotta get that hair just right to pull off a costume like that, right? I prefer the natural look all the way!

Marie said...

I watched the entire season this time. I knew Nicole would win from the start. I mean, she is a PCD... dancing and learning choreography is a big part of what she does.

Evan's face just broke my heart right before they were going to announce it. Anna looked piiiissed. She seemed fake happy through out the last episode, I don't blame her.

I used to snack after tai-chi which wasn't really a work out, but it made me hungry. So blame that and not DWTS :P

Tracie said...

I was Team Evan, too. I think Derek needs a partner like Kate - someone with no talent. Let's see what he can do with that.

~Kristen~ said...

Ewww ewww ewww on Gwyneth's hair AND dress in that first photo!!! She does seem to make odd choices at times. I don't get it.

I was upset about DWTS. :( I so wanted Evan to win. I agree that having Nicole on there was almost like predetermining the winner. Not fair. And not nearly as entertaining as watching people with no dance background attempt to learn to dance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...