Saturday, May 15, 2010

Move Over Tina Fey

There's a new bespectacled brunette in town!

I have not had a new pair of eyeglasses in over 10 years. It was high time for an update and as long as I was updating my look, I decided why not go for a slick contemporary style.

GlassesUSA has a wide selection of prescription glasses to suit every face shape and personal style. And the prices are amazing.

The glasses I selected were the "Revere" frame - complete with lenses for $44.95.


I don't know when the last time you paid this amount for a complete pair of glasses was, but I can tell you that my last pair (over 10 years ago) was over 4 times the price. When GlassesUSA says they provide their customers with top quality lenses in the hottest frames, they mean it!

Confused about ordering glasses online - not to worry. GlassesUSA made the process incredibly easy. They even have a virtual mirror where you can upload a picture of you and "try on" the different frames. I am incredibly pleased with my new specs!

Here's something else that impressed me about the company: All of their returned eyeglasses are not restocked - they are donated to various organizations around the US tho sanitize and redistribute them with the correct Rx to people all over the world who can't afford vision care.

If you are interested in ordering a pair for yourself (and why not - it gave me a little boost to be rockin' a new look), use code Mommy5 and you will save 5% off your final order :-)

Whether you want to look like Tina Fey or Tina Turner - who also sports some fab lenses, you will be thrilled with your new look :D


Full Disclosure: I was provided with a pair of glasses for purposes of this review.

29 comments:

Melissa B. said...

LOVE the new specs! I have to say that there's one (yes, only one) thing I love about Sarah Palin...she made it OK for us to flaunt our near/far-sightedness in a fashionable way!

Kristina P. said...

You are adorable! My glasses are pink, and I love them. I do need to get new lenses.

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

awesome!!!! you look great :-)

smArtee said...

What fr---en coincidence i need glasses and Im so tired of paying so much..I havent had any in years but the hubs did, and my daughters...i need a pair now...how do I get the prescription...??from my doctor..and then email it..??tell me..?..wooo hooo..!

smArtee said...

Oh and you look stunning ...as usual..!

Unknown Mami said...

I'm wearing a pair of glasses from them right now and I love them!

Tracie said...

You look hawt! I'm good right now but might check out Glasses USA for my next frames. The price is right.

Herding Cats said...

I love those!

Mommyof2girlz said...

Those look hot on you! I love GlassesUSA, my fav pair come from them :)

Amanda said...

Well, I dont think you could look bad if you tried. That being said, those glasses are SOOOOO fun!! Love it!

Blessings-
Amanda

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

Love them - what an amazing price, too! My last pair of glasses was over $500. No more for me since the laser surgery though...! (finally FINALLY starting to be able to see clearly... whew)

Bethany said...

I keep hearing about this website! I need new glasses at some point so I will definitely check them out!

Rebecca Jo said...

WOW - that's an amazing price!!!!

They look fantastic on you too! I think glasses look great on people! I used to wear fake ones just because I love 'em!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Looking good girl!

mac said...

You rock those glasses.

Yanno, if you keep that up, they have to change that old expression to "Boys DO make passes at girls who wear glasses"

Of course, MB already knows this :-)

Lucy said...

You are looking good!!! I don't wear glasses, yet! But, I am sure I will be needing them soon (lol)

Lucy said...

Swing by my blog today and grab your award!!!!

buffalodick said...

You look great in the new specs! I have interocular lenses(built in contacts!) as I had cataracts in my 40s, but still wear Aviator style outdoors...

Date Girl said...

Wow, that is such a good price. My glasses were over $400 freaking bucks. And I don't even like them all that much! I love your frames, they really work with your face. I am going to have to check that site out!

ModernMom said...

Fabulous review! Love the new specs:)

Kaylen said...

Love them!!
I have heard of this site before and hope to get my next pair from them!

Slamdunk said...

Nicely done. Those are the X-Ray vision model right? Just checking...

denise said...

cute! my husband has a pair that are similar (not as feminine) but he definitely didn't get such a great deal!

Kristin said...

I just got some new specs myself! Oh and guess what? You won a giveaway. You won your choice of an embellished tee or hoodie from Evy's Tree. Email me your choice and size when you get a moment pretty please. : )

Michelle Pixie said...

Very Cute!

Salt said...

EEEE! You look ADORABLE! I love them and they are perfect for your face!

I really need new glasses in the worst way.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Love the glasses. You look great.

NIKOL said...

I think most people look adorable in glasses, and you're no exception! I haven't had to wear glasses for the last 4 years since having laser eye surgery. But I'm sure my eyesight will start fading over time.

Mocha Dad said...

Tina Fey has nothing on you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...