Thursday, April 29, 2010

In Desperate Need of Some zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

photocredit exfordy

Do you remember years ago, before there was Blogging, Facebook & Twitter - or back even further, to before Al Gore invented the internets. Back in the good old days of the non-digital age, I used to get to bed at a reasonable hour.

As I sit here typing this *gah, just spilled milk from my honey nut cheerios on the space bar* I am in a groggy stupor. Because, once again I did not make in into bed until around midnight. That wouldn't be such a big deal were it not for a little thing called a job, that I need to get up for.

When I get home from work everything seems to hit the fan: yesterday I had to call someone about a juggling gig, which then meant communications back and forth with VC's juggling partner and then there was that unicicyle sitting in the middle of the floor - the one I ordered from ebay with the supposedly 2.5" wide tire that was barely 1.25" wide. Naturally it was purchased from a huge ebay seller that was next to impossible to reach, except maybe by carrier pigeon. Then there was the National Academic League Party after school today, for which I was providing plates.

I won't name names, but someone who was near a store offered to pick some up for me, but neglected to hear that I said TWO packages and came home with only one, which meant I had to head out at 7:30 to get some more. yadda, yadda, yadda

I am someone who gets easily overloaded when too many things are going on at once. Lack of sleep only compounds the problem. Tomorrow being my day off I plan to send VC happily on his way (well, as happy as a teen can be going to school) and then I shall sneak back into bed and sleep until at least 10:30. *Please refrain from calling ;-)* If I can relax my mind, that is. Because the in-laws are headed here tomorrow.



photo credit Nate Steiner

What is your strategy to get to bed before the clock strikes 12???

24 comments:

Salt said...

I can't! I'm a terrible insomniac. The earliest that I ever go to sleep is midnight and often times it's an hour or more later. My mind is always going a mile a minute.

I wish I had time for a nap today. I am EXHAUSTED.

Ronnica said...

I MUST get off the computer shortly after coming home. I try to spend no more than 30 minutes online (I'm on a computer all day, so why do I need more?) then read until bedtime. I'm much sleepier at bedtime that way.

Amanda said...

Ugh. I dreaded sleep issue. I am up so late and often with the kids I cant remember the last time I slept through the night. It been YEARS.

Usually when I am pregnant I get to bed around 8:00pm But then I get up every hour to pee.

TMI

Blessings~
Amanda

Jayne said...

The chattering monkey was pounding my poor brain with words of mayhem, panic and nonsense from 3 a.m. last night and I've consequently been spaced out all day. Trust me, I do sympathise.

Michelle Pixie said...

Once the kids go down around 8pm I am done. Hubby and will crawl into bed to watch TV and then lights off by 10. I need my beauty sleep or I am a grouch with a capital "B" to deal with. ;-)

BabyMommaBlog said...

Thats so true! I'm actually getting use to having no sleep and my mom hours. lol Before her I would spend weekends sleeping my life away :p Glad I'm not anymore but need a sleeping weekend every now and then when the husbands home :p

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

I have to admit that I've got it pretty good...I go to bed at a decent hour mainly because I can't keep myself awake..probably because the cat wakes me up at 4 AM!

Unknown Mami said...

Oh, I hope you got some sleep. I hate it when I actually have an opportunity to sleep, but I just can't turn off.

McVal said...

Oh my! I hope you get the rest you need.. to gear up for a weekend with the inlaws!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

I shut off the phones, TV, computers, etc. by 8:30 each night, just so I don't stay up all night. It helps.

Katherine said...

Working out helps me get to sleep... sometimes my brain just keeps going though and I can't. Weekends, forget about it, i stay up working on the web until up to three in the morning! Then it is Java Monster at about 4 the next day to keep me upright. Oh how HEALTHY. LOL

mac said...

Sleep?

Those bastards at work sprung it on me yesterday that we'd be starting work at 6:00am today forward.

6:00am!! WTF??? I have to get up at 4:30 in order to make that. Who, in their right mind, gets up at 4:30?
They're really cutting into my social life now!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too said...

My strategy is to make it to bed before the clock strikes 12 noon! LOL! Honestly, I stay up WAY too late, and then pay for it in the morning. Yet, I keep torturing myself.

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

hi there, I have an award for you!

http://justahappyhousewife.blogspot.com/2010/04/ima-be-blingin-baby.html

Joy said...

Oh my goodness, no rest for the weary it seems! I hope you have a nice visit with the in-laws.

p.s. maybe you could try smoke signals with that ebay seller.

Aleta said...

Ok, I had to laugh with the last picture - priceless!

For me, I typically go to bed around 10ish. 9ish if I can. I used to go to bed around midnight, then I married Greg.

See, Greg is a MORNING person. And MORNING people believe that EVERYONE should be up at 5am!!!!

So, in order to maintain some resemblence of sanity, I started to go to sleep the same time that Greg goes to sleep - 9ish or 10ish.

Yes, I wake up early... but I'm not a morning person by desire and I'm still grumpy in the morning. LOl.

Kimberly said...

I had to take a break for myself.

Hope you get some rest soon. I am a new follower.

Randi Troxell said...

sleep sleep.. it DOES do a body good...

have a lovely wkend!!!

Aunt Juicebox said...

I can never go to sleep before 12 no matter what time I get in bed. It's such a stroke of luck whenever it happens. I just have to make myself let go of the laptop and crackberry and whatever else though, or I'd probably never go to bed at all. It takes willpower. Or passing out.

buffalodick said...

I figured out that with cell phones, text messages and computers, I was working an extra 15 hrs a week for free...

Christina said...

I can't remember the last time I was in bed before 12.... I thin I must have been ill.

Sashindoubutsu said...

Oh... I almost always get sleep before 12mn... well, I think every weekdays.

Do you drink tea? You can try hot tea at night. I hope you get the Zzzzz's you need.^^

Lisa said...

When I have to work I just go...what's left undone can get done the next day. You know as well as I do with fibro you need your rest!!

Kristin said...

I hope you caught those much needed zzzzzzzzzs lady. I so need some too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...