Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's Brown and White and Spotted All Over

Props to the two of you who guessed the new addition to my family room: A beanbag chair!!!

Yep. I am revisiting the seating choice of my childhood while adding a little pizazz to our otherwise dull family room. Can you spot the look of unbridled glee on my face shortly after opening the package?

[*Speaking of "spot," that circle is not a bleach stain on the carpet; there is a problem with my camera that I can't figure out; a circle appears on the right side of every non-cropped pic. Ideas?]

This particular bean bag chair is by Fatboy and as you can see, you can sit on it....

Recline on it. (I've created my very own book nook):

and sleep on it. Here the bean bag has been commandeered by the #1 Juggler who is incidentally a one handed juggler until his hand heals after the sprain he got from his snowboard accident last weekend.


These bags are filled and finished in the US (and you know from my previous post that I am a proud flag waving citizen :D ) and the outer surface is Coated-Nylon fabric which can be wiped clean with a damp cloth- which comes in handy when consuming lots of messy foods while watching Olympic coverage.. [It also beats the vinyl fabric that was used in the beanbag chairs of yore - can you say "sweaty butt"???] (the inside filling is made of tiny EPS cylindrical pieces (Expanded Polystyrene Packaging). Oh, and the bean bags are huge (70" H x 55" W)!!

"Carma Stewart" has even coordinated the beanbag chair to match the circular pattern on her upholstery!
But, most importantly the bags are extremely comfy - not to mention funky!

Disclosure: The fine folks at AllModern.com graciously provided me with this beanbag chair to review.

31 comments:

Joy said...

It looks more like a bean bag chaise than a bean bag chair! Nice!

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

ooooooh, I'm sold! I want one to review too! haha

spot? what spot? I don't see any spot carma. I think it's in your head.


ok, I made that up to mess with ya. I'm not sure what would cause that.

Laura said...

That's pretty much the coolest beanbag chair I have ever seen! The one I had when I was little was nothing like that!! Now go curl up and take a nap! :)

Terin said...

I love beanbags, but I miss mine. I actually had three. Two like that and one bean bag sofa. The fun times...

Kristina P. said...

Looks so comfy!

Kaylen said...

I knew it!!! My son wants one of these bigger-than-a-beanbag-bags too!

Are you sure the spot isn't on the lens or the flash of the camera? Did you get any moisture on it lately?

Yankee Girl said...

Leland has been in the market for a bean bag chair for a while and we only find the small ones. I may have to do some searching online because that one rocks.

Christina said...

OH cool! That looks really comfy.
Carma Stewart... so funny.


The spot... have you checked your lens? I could be a very fine speck of dust magnified many times.

A Mother's Thoughts said...

Fun chair, can you imagine if you actually had a brown and white spotted dog too!! Double the fun!! You should get one, call it Waldo.

It does look supper comfy though.

Lynn

Michelle Pixie said...

Oooooh I WANT one!!! How Fun!

As for the camera issue have you tried to take some lens cleaner to clean the lens? I would probably take it to a professional and have it looked at. Contact the customer service of the camera maker maybe they can tell you how to fix it right over the phone. ;)

~Kristen~ said...

Woo-to-the-Hoo!!! I guessed it!!! And that is a freakin COOL beanbag chair!!!

Elizabeth Patch said...

thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving comments on my SITS day! and now I'm thinking about my old bean bag chair, the one that the cat mistook for a litter box because of the squishy, sandy sounds it made...

Mommy, I'm Home said...

How fun! Now where's the hanging egg-shaped chair with the built in stereo speakers?????

Debbie said...

I like the new shape of the bean bag chairs. Much more functional than the ones of my youth.

Mommyof2girlz said...

I love bean bag chairs and that one is super awesome...and bigger than they used to be..lol I want one!!

Steph said...

Gosh do I need a bean bag! Looks good :)

shraddha said...

really cool..

i want one too!!

love ya..

Petite Little Bee said...

Looks great. Wow. Lia

Michele said...

YAY YOU!!!
How cool is that???
Seriously... i gotta get me one of those.
I used to have a bean bag chair when i was a kid. LOVE THEM!!!!!

Enjoy your little book nook.

angelcel said...

This looks so comfy and I love the idea of the Book Nook. :)

The spot on your photos - a mark on the lens or sensor? You can clean the lens with the kind of cloth you'd use for cleaning glasses (lint free). Anything more than that should really be done by a professional.

Lucy said...

Wow, the updated beanbag just might be perfect for my lawschool kid with no money and my college kid, oh who also has no money, wait I probably need a few since I have one going into law school and one going into college, guess who is low on funds??? (LOL)

Hope your son heals soon, I know how an injury can dampen an athlete's life

Pink Links said...

Lovely and useful bean bag chair!

You both look so happy:))

Many years ago I had a white bean bag. I miss it now, when I saw your bean bag chair.

Amanda said...

Oh my word. That chair is AWESOME!! I love the pattern.. and the size! Its rockin!

Blessings-
Amanda

Jen said...

Carma Stewart! Hi-larious!! Love the bean bag chair! Comfy:)

strokeofliving said...

The bean Bag is perfect. Do they have other colors? Dumb question Dale, they must! Anyway, it rules! Great addition.

Tracie said...

That is a mighty fancy bean bag chair. Every one I've ever owned has busted very quickly. This one looks more substantial.

Crystal Escobar said...

That is so cute! I love it!

w said...

it looks quite comfy. i bet i could tape one to my belly and have a big ol' sumo wrestlin' match.

thanks for visiting my blog!

kitchen koala said...

LOVE that bean bag chair! It's so fun :) I'd spend hours in it--reading, watching movies, crocheting, snacking!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

pvz said...

Just found your blog and am enjoying it.

What kind of camera do you have? SLR? That spot looks like dust on the internal sensor of the camera (most likely to occur if you're changing lenses, thus my question about SLRs). I don't think it's on the lens, b/c a spot on the lens wouldn't show as obviously -- the lens is too close to the camera... my 0.02 anyway. I'd take the camera to a professional repair shop.

Good lucky.

Tater Tot Mom said...

Love it! My hubby has been wanting one of those forever but unfortunately, our house is teeny tiny and we have no room!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...