Monday, February 15, 2010

I Love This New Show!

If you haven't had the chance yet to check out Undercover Boss, you may want to tune in next Sunday at 9:00 PM EST.

It's not your typical reality show with things done for "shock value." On the contrary, I've found myself needing to have a box of tissues handy for those moments when the boss totally "gets" what his employees go through every day.

It is always fun when the employee who is unsuspectingly training the "new guy" comes to the conclusion that the CEO is in no way up to working at the company.

Last night's episode featured the CEO of Hooters. And *surprise, surprise* what a fine human being he turned out to be! (you can see a clip here)

Plus, I thought for sure he'd fire the chauvinistic egomaniac he had running one of his Dallas stores. The guy ooooooozed "lawsuit waiting to happen" yet Coby (the CEO) handled it such that at the end of the episode when his true identity was revealed, he told Jimbo (the manager) that there is no way he would feel comfortable having his daughters work for him - ever. This was quite the revelation to Jimbo - to have the CEO of the company not wanting his daughters to work for him, that the dude apologized and mended his ways.

Imagine if your boss got to spend a week doing your job. Could he/she handle it?

My new boss is essentially getting to do just that on the days I am not there :-) I've never been able to put into words how absolutely stir crazy it can get - and now he is getting to experience it firsthand (lucky him ;-)

21 comments:

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

oh man, I missed it? I totally want to see that show.

oh Hooters....don't even get me started on that place. I have never been and never will go there. I can't believe that place is even open nowadays!

Tracie said...

I've never heard of this show. My family doesn't allow me to have control of the tv.

Yes, my boss could do my job. She's a speech therapist too and is better at it than I am.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I have it DVRed. It is a good show. My boss does work with me. It is always good to have them see what you do.

Robin said...

Oh yeah..I saw the Oprah edition to introduce the show..it was great..Ive not kept up with it yet..I need to find its listing....I know I shed a few tears too and made my hubs watch..so he can get a feel for the other guy..he liked it..!

alessandra said...

I didn't see the show, of course in italy we don't have it yet ;) but it seems interesting.
About my job, it is nothing, but a bit boring sometimes, my boss would die if he would stay in the office all day long.

Christina said...

We watched it too. It is really good. I think it gives those corporate big-wig a slap of reality.

Janna Bee said...

I can't even imagine what the CEO of Hooters is like! Sorry I missed it.

Mommy, I'm Home said...

My boss couldn't handle my job. Oh, wait... I am my boss....

Vodka Logic said...

I haven't seen the show but have heard about it. My boss could not do my job.... ever.

McVal said...

I caught the first one last week, but missed last nights. Pretty cool show so far!

Kristina P. said...

I've been meaning to watch this. I really like the concept!

Randi Troxell said...

we found this show too last week.. awesome!

Amanda said...

I loved it too!!! I was totally sucked into it... great minds huh? :)

Blessings-
Amanda

Kaylen said...

I stumbled upon this last night (which means I couldn't find the remote after The Amazing Race and I was too tired to look for it).
It was really good! I am with you--why didn't he have that guy fired?? He was a total ass. WAY inappropriate and I can't imagine his whole life was really changed that much---typically people are are like that just do not care what others think, so why would he care about the CEO's daughters? I didn't really buy into that piece.

I LOVED that he gave that single momma a free trip to ANYWHERE in the world!!!

Oh--and why did those marketing girls get such big jobs in the company? I didn't see where they did anything that was really that inspiring or innovative. That kinda irritated me, though they were cute as buttons.

I'm not a fan of hooters, but more power to someone for using sexuality to make a lot of bucks. Unless you care about the degradation of other humans I mean...
I hear they have good wings.

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh, I just love that show! I forgot about it last night but the first one was SO good! The trash collector guy! I loved it! : ) I think it is such a great idea and I hope it has a huge impact on many people!

I am visiting from Bossy's site today. Nice to meet you : )

Lisa said...

I watched it and loved it! he made me cry. One of my blog friends went to school with him and said he was a really humble man.

Lucy said...

This show looks good and I have been wanting to see it!

Anonymous said...

The wife and I watched it. What a great guy the CEO is... the world can use many more just like him. Definitely not what I expected when we first tuned it.

Diva (in Demand) said...

I think the first episode was more genuine than the last one. The CEO of the Waste Management company showed an interest in the EMPLOYEES and ole Coby just wanted to know why he wasn't making as much money as his daddy did.

Eva Lyford said...

TV? I don't watch it. But a show about bosses understanding what the workers do does sound interesting. For an improv sketch.

Sara Elizabeth said...

I am hearing and reading a lot of good things about this show, but I have sadly not been able to catch it yet.

Someone told me that the CEO of Hooters was upset by how the girls were treated. I don't think a woman ever deserves or asks to be sexually harassed, but the girls at Hooters dress in nearly nothing. They are going to attract a certain kind of attention, not that I think that is ok . . . it just is. I haven't seen that episode, but I am very curious about what sort of behavior towards the girls got the CEO so upset.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...