Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Break-ing is Hard to Do!!

Day 2 away from the blog and I'm already missing it. Did I mention another one of my flaws is making hasty decisions???

I have finally caught an awesome break, as my new boss has graciously hooked my laptop up to the interwebs and told me I'm free to mess around on it (when there are no customers or other work, 'natch). That and the fact that one of my pieces sold the other day at the gallery (a small bowl- small-but still a sale!) , has put a slight spring back in my step!!

Part of what was weighing me down was that I was unable to blog during the day and was having to stay up late nights to keep the blog going. Plus, I didn't mention that I made a little promise to VC that I would only blog during school hours or after his bedtime, since I don't want him to recall his teen years as having to look at the back of mom's head while she spends hours making the blog 'rounds.

So where do I go from here? I'm back, although I will not be posting as often until I feel a little less overwhelmed with things- and finish with the taxes - ugh.

The blog is my only "creative outlet" at this time - and I'm a creative creature by nature- which explains a lot of my quirks. Cutting off that outlet was like losing a part of myself. There are plenty of other parts that I'd rather lose instead, i.e. the bump in my nose.

There are still forces outside my control that have been eating away at me that I will just need to learn to accept and not let them rain on my parade.

Feeling a little like the Boy Who Cried Wolf *insert sheepish look* and hoping that those of you who have not already removed me from your reader will welcome "Carma Sez Lite" into the fold.

Your comments on my previous post mean more to me than you will ever know *insert teary eyes*

xxoo
carma

18 comments:

Christina said...

Congrats on the sale of one of your pieces. That is awesome Carma!

Not going anywhere. I might not always be prompt, but I'll still be here. :-)

Kristina P. said...

It's hard to be away!

Randi Troxell said...

good for you for the sale.. thats wonderful..

and also great that you got some extra blogging time.. i kinda see blogging as a sorta therapy.. so when i cant do it.. uh-oh!

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

don't sweat it, I think we all make hasty decisions! ;-)

congrats on the sale!!!!

Yankee Girl said...

My life has been a series of hasty decisions!

Glad to hear you couldn't stay away too long!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Thank goodness you have decided to return. I was just thinking how much I was going to miss your posts...

Congrats also on selling your bowl. You need to post a picture of more of your art.

Oh, and I'm in the middle of sorting through hundreds of receipts as we prepare to get our taxes done next week. Can you say "brain-numbingly boring"?????

alessandra said...

Do you really think, that we thought, that you'll stay away for a long time?
:D

Lisa said...

Congratulations on the sale!
I couldn't stay away either..

McVal said...

Congrats on the sale!!! I'm afraid to go back into the antique mall where I have a booth. I don't want to see if my booth wasn't able to make a profit on January too... Not sure what I'm going to do there... How exciting tho to have something selling!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Congrats on the sale of one of your pieces. That is great. Glad you are back.

AnnQ said...

Super cool on selling one of your pieces!!!

And welcome backto your blog after your mini-break! :-)

Tater Tot Mom said...

Reading over your last several blog posts, I so know what you mean! It's tough to be away but sometimes it's needed. I myself have taken a huge step back because I realized that I was using time with my son as time with my blog and that's just silly!

Congrats on selling the bowl! Woo Hoo!!!!

angelcel said...

Don't worry, I've made a few profound pronouncements and one or two dramatic departures in my time - I think we all do. I'm just really pleased to see you back. x

alessandra said...

Thank you for saying we are great minds!
Oh, and actually I don't have a blogging schedule, I'm a free spirit.
;)

Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

So glad you have a fresh perspective and are feeling your own talent. Hooray for the sale on your art.

Lucy said...

I was sooo hoping you would miss it and would come back, even if it isn't everyday at least come back for a few posts a week!!

Congrats on the selling of your bowl!!!

Tracie said...

I didn't remove you from my blogroll. I knew you'd be back!

Congrats on selling one of your pieces! You are multi-talented.

Salt said...

No worries! I'm just glad you are still here!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...