Friday, January 22, 2010

Shakin' and Bakin'

As you may have guessed from my prolonged absence, I've been off on a little vacay - with brand spankin' new swimsuits with good elastic - to the Grand Cayman Island!

Before you get to thinking I am independently wealthy - when you see pics of where we stayed *cough* Ritz Carlton *cough* -- be advised that this was an incentive trip sponsored by MB's company, which means I'll need to give him his due respect and refrain from posting pics comparing him to Bo Derek in her famous beach scene:


The reason for the title of this post - We were in the Grand Cayman when the earthquake hit the island on Tuesday (5.8 on richter scale) -- and the "bakin'" - well, that's not exactly true - as I am probably the first person to visit the island and return whiter than when I arrived!!

More deets and pics to come. Just wanted to let you know I have not disappeared completely - you are not that lucky!

22 comments:

Yaya said...

Scary! Glad you're ok!

Amanda said...

Im so glad you are back... and I am white too. Really white. I dont even tan if I try.

I want more pictures!! Its cold here!

Lucy said...

Wow, scary, glad you are back!!!

Kathie @ my net finds said...

I wondered if you had been working a lot!

Tracie said...

I'm glad you're ok!

Pale power!

Laura said...

Finally, we have been waiting for you!! Can't wait to see more pics, it;s cold here, really cold!
Have a great weekend! :)

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

I've only been to the the Grand Cayman Islands once. But it was enough to know what I'm missing now! Looking forward to some pics.

Kristina P. said...

Wow! Glad you guys made it safe and sound.

Jill of All Trades said...

Gosh, scary but glad you're back.

Michele said...

OMG... how scary is that. (the earthquake I mean, not the picture) LOL
Glad you're okay.
I've been to Grand Cayman - I've seen the *cough* Ritz *cough*.

Hope you had a great time.
Missed you ;)

alessandra said...

It's a bit unfair to compare your husband to Bo Derek, however welcome back, safely.

angelcel said...

Hey, we missed you! Glad you're back safe and sound - really looking forward to seeing the photies. :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I'm so jealous you got to go somewhere warm. Glad you had fun.

Rachel Cotterill said...

I hope you had a great trip... shaky or not!

Joy said...

Oh he is such a good sport, that man. I'm sure it's worth it though. ;o)

We were in Grand Cayman (port-of-call) for a day right after Christmas and it was gorgeous. Looking forward to hearing more!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Can't wait to see pics!

Chief said...

holy crapp! what an adventure!

you had fun right?

Rebecca Jo said...

WOW... that had to be a little nerve wrecking vacation with the earthquake!

Glad to see you back!

Vodka Logic said...

Glad you are back safe and sound..

blueviolet said...

I'm always humiliated at my level of opacity too!

strokeofliving said...

I read this with a little green eye since I haven't been on vaca in almost 10 years. I'm happy for you and the fam, you deserved R&R.

Janna Bee said...

How scary. Glad that you guys are okay, can't wait to hear more details.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...