Friday, January 29, 2010

A Recipe for Disaster!

Have I mentioned that on most days my job is very dull? I know. I know. I should be happy to have a job in this economy, blah blah blah ;-) It's still dull.

So yesterday I was reading everything I could get my hands on to pass the time. Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

By 4:00 pm I was down to the free magazine sent to us by the local electrical cooperative (bet you didn't know there was such a thing) - anyway, there is. And they send out a magazine featuring profiles of local people and a "You Know You Live in the South When" segment where people can mail in their redneck quotes. On the back page is a recipe page, where readers can send in their recipes to be published.

In desperation, I was reading the notes at the bottom of the recipe page, when I came across this exact quote:

"The January 2010 recipe for Crock Pot Angel Chicken included two typographical errors. Use one 8-ounce tub of cream chese with chives and onions (not 8 tubs) and a 0.7-ounce envelope of dry Italian salad dressing (not a 10.7 ounce envelope)"

What the heck? Did Ms. MoneyPenny leave her reading glasses at home that day????

*Best picture I could find; does it not look like a dead fish plopped over some spags?

23 comments:

alessandra said...

Yes. you asked ;)
Don't you have internet connection at work?

Vodka Logic said...

Thats hysterical. I wonder how many used the old recipe and wrote in "I can't fit 8 tubs in my crockpot"

Thanks I needed that.

Rebecca Jo said...

8 tubs???? That's hilarious... I probably would be the one who wouldnt think anything of it & give it a try...

angelcel said...

Hee hee... Definitely a quality publication there! :D

Sissy said...

wow, that looks completely disgusting! I also probably would have tried the 8 tubs... multiple times...

Randi Troxell said...

that looks just way beyond disgusting!

have a great wkend!!!

Yankee Girl said...

Wow. I wonder if anyone actually tried to make it the way it was printed. That would be interesting...

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Yuck. Too funny.

Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

I am so jeoulous you can read at work.

I have a whole library of books----what'dya want to read next? John Steinbeck? Cormac McCarthy?

And---ewwwwww---my appetite for lunch just went buh-bye!!!

Laura said...

haha I would laugh harder but this is totally something I would do. Not that i even have before, but you know. :)

Big Mama Cass said...

HAHAHAHA! That is HILAR!

And for the record, that pic looks like something I would NOT like to eat! ICCCKY

Kristin said...

Ummmmm, not so much appetizing!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

I'm not a cook... I would have followed the directions... Yeah, dinner is usually pretty tasty around here when I'm cooking (not!)

Jill of All Trades said...

Oh that was a bit funny. Yes I did know about electric co-ops as we used to pay into one.

Lisa said...

LOL It does look like a dead fish! I thought it looked tasty until I read that part!

Stephanie said...

How funny!

Yaya said...

Wow, 8 tubs?? Lol!

Tracie said...

I wonder how many people actually made it with 8 tubs?

Amanda said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I SOOOOO would have used EIGHT TUBS!!

lol too funny!

Blessings-
Amanda

Mommyof2girlz said...

Ummmm, okay then..lol

Melissa B. said...

OK, I just laughed out loud! Glad I wasn't drinking milk, or it would have squirted out through my nose. I came upon a recipe one day for an apple pie that featured 1/2 cup of cinammon. Well, I had a brain fart, and followed the recipe. Guess what? WAY too much cinammon!

Leproust Vintage said...

Hahahahaha! This entire post made my night! I love it!

Kathie @ my net finds said...

LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...