Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's Back!

Just when I thought it was time to toss the cheeseballs*



along comes JannaBee with a series of photos from last week's episode of Chuck.

What makes this all the more intriguing is that the cheeseballs featured in the show are UTZ imposters!! Take a peek:






NBC has replaced the Utz logo with "Best Value".... [I have changed this sentence after reading your comments - doh!] I guess the suits at NBC did not want to feature Utz being that Utz did not pay for product placement on the show???] Either way, NBC has it's hands full with the Conan/Jay debacle - interesting that they devoted the time to re-working the logo...If someone knows the reason, please educate me...

Also, guess I'll need to stop holding out for the Utz Sponsorship that I've been dreaming about....

And there ya have it, a much anticipated Project Cheeseball post courtesy of JannaBee!! Please visit her blog - especially if you like photos of cute kids and a cute new puppy :-)


*No food was intentionally wasted in the making of this post. I had purchased a full canister of the balls for a photo op with a blog prize that never arrived, fancy that! In the meantime, the cheeseballs expired, but not before MB tasted one to confirm that the sell by date was indeed valid :D
Oh Yes, He DID!
Finally, congratulations to Lucy, winner of the business card giveaway! Thanks to all who entered.

26 comments:

Joy said...

Those cheap suckers not wanting to pay Utz their due!

blueviolet said...

If they're using an Utz container they should still have to pay, no matter if they cover the label or not!

Vodka Logic said...

Love the UTZ cheese balls.

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Best Value?!!! Cheap Impostors!

I was looking for some amusement in 140 words of less... and then I found you over on Twitter!

alessandra said...

I'm speechless, I mean, I don't know what to say, welcome back ;D

Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

We totally bought the cheese balls about a month ago to enter it on your blog---and then we got snowed in for a week.

Guess what happened to all the cheese balls?

I promise by the end of February.

Kristina P. said...

That is so funny! What are the chances!

Rachel Cotterill said...

I'm really confused - I thought products paid to be used in shows, not the other way around. We don't have it at all in the UK.

Laura said...

NBC has some prooooblems man!! On another note...now I want some cheese balls. :)

Lyn said...

Silly and fabulous. Great combo.

Cheese balls. The best way for your 4 year old son to say you weren't paying attention to me mom. This you find out when your co-workers point out that you have orange finger prints on your black slacks.

Lyn

Sara Elizabeth said...

I could eat an entire tub of those things right about now. They look yummy, even the expired ones. LOL!

AnnQ said...

LOL...pretty funny stuff!

OMG, I haven't eaten a cheeseball since I was in high school -- But I used you LOVE those things!!!

Shawn said...

I watched Chuck, but I didn't catch that----hmmmm...can't figure out whats going on....

Randi Troxell said...

i wanna me some cheeseballs!!!!

Melissa B. said...

Just about the cheesiest post I've ever read. Utz chips are the best...so it goes with cheeseballs, too?

Yaya said...

Nice!
You know I still have that giant thing of cheeseballs rolling around in my trunk...I just haven't taken pictures yet! Lol!
It's totally on my to-do list. Now I'll have to get a picture of Alex with the cheeseballs for ya!


Wanna hear something weird? My word verification word is "Chese". Ok...I just found that amusing.

Kristin said...

Just when I'd forgotten about them...now I have the craving again. Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Aleta said...

Darn..now I have a hankering!

Lucy said...

I thought the Cheeseballs were dead! Glad they came back to life:)
Can't believe I won!!!!

Yankee Girl said...

Never get rid of the cheeseballs. I promise one day I'll get around to emailing you my pics.

And I didn't use imposters!

Janna Bee said...

I too, have neverending plans to send in MORE Utz pictures now... Also we should all be watching Chuck to see if they make a return! Just sayin'...

Tater Tot Mom said...

Everyone knows they're Utz! I agree they should just pay to use the real name!

Tracie said...

That's not right. They need to fork it over.

PS Cheese balls. Yum.

Bethany said...

My aunt had cheeseballs at her house when I was there in December and I'm mad at myself for not bringing my camera!!! Those are delicious :)

strokeofliving said...

Just a sign that you're still Cheesey. Never toss the cheese balls, eye of the tiger :-)

gina said...

UTZ didn't pay to have their name shown.


Have I mentioned I love your 20 things list on your profile?! Funny stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...