Monday, January 25, 2010

It's Not Easy To Be Me (or a friend of Andy Dick)

*kidding* I actually have it pretty darn good, which makes my anxiety all the more frustrating. I was just driving home from dropping off another charter school application for VC *fingers extra triple crossed* when I heard the Superman song with the "not easy to be me" quote and it seemed to capsulize exactly how I am feeling.

I know I have a tendency to apologize whenever I do one of my more melodramatic posts-- but this time I'm just going to say thank you for all your advice and encouragement and for letting me know that I am not alone. I know what I need to do. I just need to remind myself of what that is on days like today when everything is back to relative "normal" and I think I have absolutely no problem - bwwwwaaaahhhaaaaaaa

Another unusual thing that I tend to do (in case I haven't already frightened you away by discussing my neuroses) - is to remember quotes for years. Not famous quotes. Just things people have said that stick out in my mind.

I don't know if any of you are familiar with Brooke Sheild's show from many years back - Suddenly Susan. Her co-star, David Strickland, (who always reminded me of Chris O'Donnell) was the guy who played a rock critic at the newspaper. Sadly, the handsome guy pictured at right ended his own life after stopping his medication for bipolar disorder. His death followed a three day alcohol and cocaine binge with Andy Dick. Somewhere I recalled an interview where he said something to the effect that you can have everything in the world (fortune, fame, etc.) but if you don't have your mind, what do you have? I remember nodding in agreement. *******no I am not contemplating anything drastic- just thought his quote was very insightful and ever so true.*********

While trying to find his exact quote on the internet (couldn't find it), I came across a site linking Andy Dick to several celebrity tragedies. Apparently three of his closest friends were Phil Hartman, Chris Farley and David Strickland. This is a Six Degrees of Separation no one would want!!!!


And here is Andy back in the news again for grabbing some dude's "package." He looks none too happy about it.

Next post: pictures from trip!

15 comments:

Lisa Paul said...

Wait a minute. If Andy Dick was close to David Strickland, he must have known he was struggling with Bi-Polar Disorder. So what the Hell was he doing indulging in a lost weekend of alcohol and cocaine with him? Some friend.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

andy dick is well, you know....a dick! he really needs to get a life! thanks for dropping by my blog and i entered you in the giveaway!

Kathie @ my net finds said...

people tend to attract like minded people to them....

I'm glad you're feeling better! ;-)

blueviolet said...

He's a real mess, that one!

Aunt Juicebox said...

Yeah, I don't like that guy.

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Glad you're doing better.

Any day now, I expect to see a TMZ update saying Andy Dick has died. The guy is a mess.

Laura said...

He is craaaaazy!!
Glad you're feeling better...pictures girl, PICTURES!!

Kaylen said...

I don't think I knew that actor died!!!
And if I were a friend of A.Dick, I would be concerned.
And if I were A.Dick, I would be a drunken a-hole too, cause all his friends kill themselves!!! How horrifying!!!

angelcel said...

Yes, struggling with the basic insecurities that many of us have and my occasional bouts of over-thinking is bad enough. I can't imagine how it must be to live with something like bipolar disorder.

I'm so pleased to hear that things are on the up again for you. x

Joy said...

I'm glad you avoided apologizing since there's no reason to.

Andy Dick is some nasty mess. :oP

Randi Troxell said...

Mmm.. if i were andy dick- i might try straightening up a bit.. especially considering all his friends...

and that makes me really sad of the "suddenly susan" guy... i loved that show, and i remember him too...

Rebecca Jo said...

You'd think he'd kinda "grow out of it"... but it just gets sadder to see him turn into an old man with these same horrible ways...

Yankee Girl said...

Glad things are better. You are a rock star and you shouldn't forget it.

Am I the only one who had no idea who Andy Dick is?

gina said...

It's often the most creative and talented geniuses that struggle with mental illness- just take a look at history, art, and scince. Actors ar eth same- creative and talented and often struggling! Apparently Andy Dick needs some help before it's too late for him too!!!


Stuggling myself with MH issues- this post is timely and important!!

Tracie said...

Said package grabbing happened in my neck of the woods. The people around here have their panties all up in a bunch over it.

From what I hear the groping wasn't nearly as offensive as when he performed the last half of his act (at The Funny Bone, nonetheless) au natural. Gag.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...