Monday, December 14, 2009

Stylin' and Profilin'

The selection of a profile pic is such a critical thing - you don't want to scare readers away- or attract the wrong kind of readers...(who am I kidding, I'll take any readers I can get ;-)

You may have noticed that I switched my profile pic, and now I'm in a quandry....

Do you prefer the former, more carefree picture (which is ironic because I don't recall ever having felt carefree even in my childhood) - or this new, more formal Carma complete with "poils"?

Why am I wasting a blog post on such a non-topic??? Because I haven't had anything monumental going on in my life this week. The Christmas cards are still sitting awaiting addressing, shopping is yet to be completed and unlike the ever-busy blogger Yaya, I did not sell and buy a house this week!!!!!

Thanks for visiting me here in Dullsville - and please leave me a comment about my profile pic..."yay" or "nay" or "I find neither flattering/hire a professional"!

In case you forgot what the former pic looked like:


Dang. Now I'm getting all nostalgic. BTW, my childhood friend calls me "Kermie" since she says my smile reminds her of Kermit the Frog. Is that a good thing???

---------------------------------------

Stop the presses!!! Sideways Carma is back in da house :D After reading your comments and seeing the new pic on my page, I have decided to stick with my old self. I've never been formal a day in my life, so why start now!!

If you would still like to weigh-in - this was the new profile pic that was up for less than 24 hours....
The reason for the "formality" was that this was the outfit I wore to MB's company party last weekend. Figured best to dress like this than as a skanky ho ;-) [He is not employed by Tiger Woods]

34 comments:

Kristin said...

I'd say it's a yay. You have a lovely smile!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

I like them both. But... if you are making me choose... I say go with the former, more carefree picture.

Formal anything always makes me a little nervous!

Yankee Girl said...

I always loved the former picture. It was what drew me to your blog in the first place!

strokeofliving said...

I like the former, it suits the tone of your blog more. The new one is corporate cutesy. Too 'mature' for Carma Sez.

blueviolet said...

I like them both, but your former one does fit your blog style better! :)

Beth said...

Both are great... but my favorite is the carefree picture. :)

Kristina P. said...

I think you are gorgeous in both, but I do like the carefree, "I will most likely pass out at any moment" picture.

Pchanner said...

Thanks for the SITS welcome. I also try and change my profile pic every few months. Keep it fresh

Shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

you are a lovely woman!!
i like both..

my daughter has learnt these dancing moves and they look very close to belly dancing...you would be proud of her...she claims to have learnt it from tv!!!

Joy said...

You're gorgeous! Love the new pic, and love the old pic.

Amanda said...

I have to say, your picture struck me the first time I popped over to your blog from SITS! I don't think I'd ever seen a sideways picture before and I liked it :) You look lovely in both though, so do what you want!

Kathie @ my net finds said...

I like them both!

Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

This is hilarious because the first thing I noticed when i hit your page----before I even read the post---was that your unique profile pic had changed.

They are both great...but the first one had fabulous character----which really seemed to jive with the character that emulates off this Blog!!

Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

You still rock, though!!!!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

I think you look great in both pics. However, I do like the more carefree pic. It's fun and so are you!

AnnQ said...

I like the more easygoing picture -- it's so fun and cute! :-)

Encore Bride said...

The picture is very warm and inviting, good choice! Thanks for stopping by earlier!

Shawn said...

Oh---you are gorgeous either way....even though your sideways one kind of makes me queasy...

Vodka Logic said...

Both are great pictures. I kinda prefer the quirky one you have been using...goes with your posts..which I love.

alessandra said...

I prefer the former, it's just unique!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

glad you changed the photo back. I like both but the sideways fits better.

JennyMac said...

I think both are great!

Michelle said...

I like the former or rather the one you have up now! I think it fits your personality... you know, what I know of it from your blog! :)

~Kristen~ said...

You look grat in both but I have always loved the sideways pic! It is whimsical and fun, much like I imagine you to be, even though you would probably disagree with me! :-)

Janna Bee said...

Either way I like them, but your first one is my favorite!

Rebecca Jo said...

I like both pictures, but I see I'm not alone in thinking the first one is just FUN... its good to come & see a different sorta picture. Says alot about your personality when you can hang sideways for a picture & STILL look good! :)

Cristina said...

I like both pictures but my fav is the carefree one. I just think it's more stylin' and that's what I like!

xx

Cristina

McVal said...

I like both, but the carefree head hanging thing fits the blog best I think!

Randi Troxell said...

both are very pretty.. but i DO like the sideways one.. it's very cool i think!!!!

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Can I tell the difference between those pics? You look gorgeous on both, Carma! I daren't even post mine! Love to you, Fhi x

Kaylen said...

Oh, I love the old one - the kermit the frog smile and the silliness of it and all that. :)

Christina said...

Glad you switched back. I think the original is more "you"

Lucy said...

Glad you kept the Original, it seems to be more you the other picture was so corporate all business like and your blog is not at all that way!!! That is a compliment by they way :)

Mocha Dad said...

Any Carma is good Carma.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...