Saturday, December 5, 2009

Return to Sender

My shopping mall avoidance is not going as well as I had planned. Thus far I have ordered online from Sephora - and we all know what a brilliant success that was! And then last week I placed an online order for 2 new diabolos (Chinese yo-yo's) for VC.

Since he is now beyond the "Santa years" - I put him to work shopping online for his own gifts and doing price comparisons. Some may call it lazy - I call it resourceful!

The big box came yesterday and I opened it with him - since I promised he could use a set of the new diabolo sticks ahead of time (yeah, I'm um a softie)

Only to discover inside the box were two of these:

instead of two of this:

Can you spot the subtle difference?

Not a big deal, except this is the exact same mix-up that happened three months ago when we ordered from the same company!

I contacted a rep and they said I could simply mark the box RETURN TO SENDER. I was very skeptical because THE BOX HAD BEEN OPENED. Yet, as I heard the mail truck making the rounds in the neighborhood, I decided to see if I could quickly patch the box back together (it was one of those jimmyrigged boxes) --

Only one snafu:


THE PACKING TAPE.

Two rolls and neither had an obvious start to the tape. Sweat was beading down my face as I ran my hand round and round the rolls and could not find where to peel it off. Ended up having to use the heavy duty army tape.

Then I quickly slipped on my clogs. The mail truck was already at our neighbor's house. I ran up the street in my slippery clogs, over hazardous wet leave piles, around the corner, and was finally able to get the attention of the mail lady, who told me she would mark it REFUSED but that there was a good chance I would be seeing it again. ON MONDAY. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Curious what VC has been working on with his juggling/diabolo:



added bonus: You will get to see our pathetic "natural area" on the front lawn ;-)

29 comments:

healthy mom said...

Tell VC to keep up all the great work!!!! you never know where a talent will take you.
happy sits sharefest .

alessandra said...

Wow! Amazing!

Midday Escapades said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!!! Indeed there is much talent in that one. Sorry to hear about your return to send fiasco.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm your newest blog follower.

Aunt Juicebox said...

You do realize what a unique child you have here? My daughter wants a piccolo for Xmas....oh the migraines from shopping!

Joy said...

Oh that's frustrating! Take your business elsewhere. {Just a suggestion. I know it sounded like an order!}

kys said...

He is so good! And I'm sure your natural area is now festooned with candy canes and a light up Santa. Right?

Pink Links said...

Return to sender is not so easy. I also have noticed this fact many times.

I wish you have better chance next time:)

Have a lovely day!

Vodka Logic said...

Your son is amazing, I was mesmerized by that video. I hope he gets to use the talent when he gets older.

Good thing you have some high ceilings in your lovely home.

Oh yeah the package..good luck

blueviolet said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how great he is at that! No wonder you're especially bummed that the wrong thing came. TALENTED!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Yay, I love juggling! Was impressed on your profile that it says you're learning to do bounce juggling - have you seen the fabulous video from this year's TED talks? If not, shout me & I'll find you the link, my husband has it bookmarked. I can do 'normal' juggling and I'd like to learn more contact stuff, too. I'm not good with a diabolo though.

Thanks for dropping in on my blog - hope to see you back again soon :)

saltsays said...

That's AWESOME!!!

Although I'm sorry to hear about your wrong merchandise. What a pain!

I hope you DON'T see it again on Monday!

Lindsay said...

Hey there Carma, thanks for visiting my blog today. Yes I'm very glad I stumbled upon SITS!

Lauren said...

Sounds like you've had a rough shopping experience. I haven't even done much yet! Haha. Here's to better luck next time. :)

Lucy said...

Gosh, he is growing and just getting better and better, it is always fun to watch a child grow:)

Janna Bee said...

I know I say this everytime, but he is so GOOD! It's amazing. I find myself completely mesmerized...

Also, after watching how he use the diablos, I am wondering why anyone would want clear ones in the first place?

~ Noelle said...

Thanks for stopping by!
I HATE that the mail will not take things back...
It just annoys me like no other...
Thanks for the SITS love!

Leproust Vintage said...

Oh my gosh! Your son is so talented....I was mezmorized when I was watching the video! So cool!

I hate when you open a box of Christmas presents only to find something you weren't expecting! My mother just called me today to let me know that the ceramic hand she purchased for me (for organizing my rings and bracelets; strange I know, but I really wanted it) came in a million pieces. Apparently the company threw it in a large box with absolutely no bubble wrap or packaging materials! Ha! She is a postmaster, so she was particularly offended by this!! :)

Amanda said...

That video is amazing!! WOW!! And his hair totally reminds me of Chad from Million Dollar Listing on Bravo. But your guy is MUCH cuter!

So sorry about the mix up. I once got the wrong size food coloring in the mail from Ateco company and I called and ripped Grandma a new one. Ok. I so did not do that. But after 15 minutes of explaining how they screwed up I wished I had! Ok. I didnt wish I had. This is the first time I have ever thoguht about doing that. I cant lie. ;)

Blessings!
Amanda

Anti-Supermom said...

How awesome is he!

In this day in age, I can't believe this return to sender actually worked.

Mommakin said...

I hate packing tape...

VC is awesome.

Randi Troxell said...

oh man.. packing tape... i nearly have a panic attack when i have to find the end..

Jen said...

I haven't even thought about christmas shopping/shipping yet. What a talent he has.

AnnQ said...

Oh, man....that's the WORST when you can't find the start on a roll of tape!

Shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

how amazing!

very cool indeed!

Shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

i love your garden!

Tater Tot Mom said...

Wow! That was absolutely awesome, especially since I could never manage to even juggle 3 scarves...that's a talent for sure!

Miss Dot said...

I definitely sat here mesmerized by the maddeningly intense combination of Billy Idol and flying things. VC is really good! Great vid, too.

kanishk said...

. Sorry to hear about your return to send fiasco.


Work from home India

A Woman Of No Importance said...

My Carmic wonder, the boy is talented! Huzzah!

And how ever do you ensure that his vestments match the furnishings?

And did you just buy that house because he would be able to juggle under its high ceilings...?

Oh, and I'm moving in by the way = Your home is as neat as a pin, Carma, you make me very ashamed of my Bohemian (read clutter-holic!) tendencies! ;-) xox

Word verif is icroll = How apt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...