Sunday, December 27, 2009

One Step Up from Redneck Christmas (Maybe)

VC's favorite Christmas Song is Redneck Christmas: ♪ ♫ 12 Pack of Bud, 11 Wrasling Tickets, 10 Copenhagen, 9 Years Probation, 8 Table Dancers.....♪ ♫ I'm sure it may also be your favorite holiday tune too, since it is a catchy number...

Anyhoo, we are very practical out our place. Almost too practical (and it is mostly my doing on this account - my nickname is "The Fun Ruiner")

As VC was opening up his stocking (and mind you these were all things he put on his list - himself), MB commented that they were weird to give as Christmas gifts. If it says anything about my state of mind, I hadn't thought of them as odd until he mentioned it....

Here's a small sampling: Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, Croutons, Black Electrical Tape, Bird Seed, 4 Hour Extended Life Battery for camcorder....and I'd go on only then I would further embarrass myself*....

VC is holding up some of those "goodies" in this here photo:

*Note: VC also did receive some cool real Christmas gifts, so don't be sad....

VC is covering his lip in the photo because he had surgery on his lip this week and has stitches sticking out of his mouth. He seriously resembles a catfish :D I have been saying he had a "Lip Tuck" or alternately, a "Lip-o-suction" (I'm quite the humorist, I know ;-)

C'mon, fess up, what "redneck" Christmas Gifts were on your family's list?

Foreshadowing to future blog post: Today I discovered why t*pless beaches are so popular.....

22 comments:

Aunt Juicebox said...

Lol I always get my daughter stuff like that too. She collects soda bottles, so I always look for soda she doesn't have, and she also likes those little chocolate koala cookies. She likes to get those Starbucks canned drinks too. Kids are funny.

Kristina P. said...

Ny nephew received a potato. :)

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Hey, one can never have enough Slim Jims....

The Midget got a Snuggie, does that count as redneck?

Beth said...

At least he didn't have coal in his stocking. Especially after getting a lip-o-suction. :)

Seriously, my mother used to put panties and bras in mine and my sisters stockings when we were in high school. It was hilarious.

Lisa said...

I got my SIL a big jar of peanuts in his stocking and the girls got some cutie patootie panties.

Laura said...

Lip-o-suction, I love it! haha Glad to hear that he got more than just some electrical tape. :)

AnnQ said...

LOL!

I think the most Redneck-y thing were the pair of 'Shape Up' sneakers my sister asked for, and received. :-)

Date Girl said...

That's pretty funny! I am an odd duck myself when it comes to Christmas gifts. I always want practical gifts-this year it was all kitchen gear. My brother got underwear and socks and he was thrilled. :-)

angelcel said...

Electrical tape? Bird seed? I'm intrigued!

I think we're a very dull lot in comparison, although one year I did wrap up a tin of tuna as a Christmas present to our cats!

Alicia said...

OMG!!! my dad LOVES that Christmas song with a passion. no joke!! lol, that's awesome!!! and dude, i'm all about the practical gifts...i gave my MIL mac and cheese this year. no joke. long story.

Tater Tot Mom said...

I got Clorox wipes this year...I asked for them though. I was stoked! I love those things!

Kristin said...

I assume there will be topless pics? Hope you had a killer holiday lady!

Amanda said...

Well, if my kids HAD gotten gifts, I am sure they would have all been redneck!!!

Cant wait to read your next post! ;)

Blessings-
Amadna

Moomby said...

socks! i can never get enough plain white ones. i ruin them supernaturally easily.

I enjoyed your post!

Randi Troxell said...

yes.. i must admit that it is a bit strange...

but last yeat my MIL gave me a toothbrush.. no crap... Mmmm, wonder if she was trying to tell me something.. lol

alessandra said...

Carma, I have an award for you, If you won't follow the rules, I'll totally understand you ;-)

Kaylen said...

When I was growing up, the toe of our stocking always had one piece of fruit-either an orange or an apple. We always found it really funny, considering we always had a bowl of them out on the counter at all times anyway!

I fill my sons with as much candy as possible and usually a magazine or a gift card.

I gave my nephew a pole-dancer that plugs into your computer and dances to whatever music you play. He didn't really appreciate it. Lame. His parents gave him a new laptop...you'd think he would have said "this is great-to go with my pole-dancer!" but he didn't.

Iva said...

LOL!!! hilarious!

Christina said...

LOL! I love the gifts. We often put practical items on our list or just give them because we know they're needed.

BTW... I totally need a Cookie Monster shirt for Daddy.... that's his nickname

Yaya said...

Hey, when I was 9 I begged and begged for a fire escape ladder, so who am I to mock what people want for Christmas? ;)

kys said...

The most redneck thing was Snuggies for the kids. (But they asked for them!)

Housewife Savant said...

These would've been totally acceptable stocking stuffers in my youth.
I once got a pound of chicken livers.
Pickled mushrooms made repeat appearances.
Things took a turn for the worse when I got cigarettes for Easter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...