Thursday, December 10, 2009

Belly Dance Smackdown - It's Off!

Would everybody puh-leeeeze stop asking me how my dance class is going ;-)


Well, as long as you've asked: I have BIG news! I've actually had this news for over a month but so many more pertinent blog posts presented themselves that I had to put this one on the back burner.

Here's the story. Belly Dance Diva has dropped out!!! Suspiciously, her departure seems to have coincided with my taking over the lead position. Was it my lack of coordination that did the trick and scared her away- never to grace us with her Arabic twistback or Egyptian shimmy ever again??? She lasted a mere two weeks with me in the lead. I'll admit I did screw up a bit (a lot) when first learning the move that I would be leading: i.e. The Choo Choo (yes, that really is the name) - was this destiny?? (Remember not too long ago MB compared me to a steam locomotive!)

There is more dance news to come but it is still developing so I'll be putting it in a separate post. Oh, the anticipation!!

24 comments:

strokeofliving said...

Woo hoo, I love when someone bows out due to my presence. It is what it is. I just love the fact that you are documenting this experience. All we need to see is actual YouTube footage of your Choo Choo.

Moomby said...

have fun!

Vodka Logic said...

The best do prevail xx

~Kristen~ said...

Rock on!!! I love that the b*tch is gone!!! And I love even more that she most likely left over you being #1!!! Yeah!!!

Michelle said...

Oooh, I love belly dancing. I've never done it myself, but I did get a DVD for my birthday a few years ago that teaches belly dancing. I've never even watched it! Definately want to see your choo choo!

Kathie @ my net finds said...

awesome! now you can choo choo your heart out in peace :-)

Amanda said...

And the world is at peace because all is as it should be. :)

Kristina P. said...

She was so intimidated!

Randi Troxell said...

YIPEEEE!! now you can really sit back.. or maybe dance back and enjoy!!

Rebecca Jo said...

You know we all keep wondering what is going on with crazy-dancer-lady!!! Glad for an update! :) You prevailed... YES!

blueviolet said...

She just knew she couldn't compete with your moves!

Amanda said...

You belly dance?? That's awesome! My aunt taught when I was growing up, and it always looked like a lot of fun, and from what I hear a great ab workout? :)

Anti-Supermom said...

I'm just about going to pee my pants with anticipation.

hee-hee.

Lucy said...

Wow, she went running for the hills!!

Now, I can't wait to 'hear' more about your dance moves!!!

Yaya said...

Oh good! I'm glad you've kept with it and are the STAR!

Kristin said...

Woop woop! I'm sure she won't be missed.

Shawn said...

Sooo glad you are still belly dancing---and so glad you are the top dawg now!! You go, girl!

kanishk said...

All we need to see is actual YouTube footage of your Choo

Work from home India

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Great! You scared her off!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Yay! I'm sure class will be more fun now.

Iva said...

intimidated ;)

Bridget (@bcyberchondriac) said...

oh yeah! you show 'em who's bellydance boss. and tape it, tape it tape it. If you share, I'll share tape of my Bollywood dance! :-)

Christy said...

i sifted through the series of posts re: belly dancing and so glad I did!
good for you for trying something new and really sticking with it!
thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I am going to poke a bit more around yours.

Janna Bee said...

Yay for you! Good riddance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...