Sunday, November 15, 2009

Five Obsessions

Lucy , one very spunky blogger, graciously bestowed on me the Fabulous Award. The rules of the award are to list 5 Obsessions and then pass on to 5 bloggers. There is a good chance I have already done this list, but I shall post 5 more obsessions just in cases :D

(1) Rice - I am obsessed with the white fluffy stuff; I'm trying to break this obsession, yet I think I had rice 4 nights this week.

(2) Smart Balance Buttery Spread- Now with Flax Oil! to slather on the above rice
(3) My Precor Elliptical Machine
to combat obsessions #1 and #2; I am not one to splurge, but one thing I've discovered is that if you are buying exercise equipment and know you will be using it regularly (this is key ;-) - go for top of the line or the most you can afford. You'll be glad you did.

(4) Maintaining my youthful complexion - which means I slather on lots of this:

(5) Being successful at something - anything - (and I'm not fussy at this point)-before I lose my youthful complexion and have permanent bloat from eating too much rice.

I have chosen to pass on this award to:

Kaylen
Dale
Cass
Allison
Kys

Looking forward to hearing your obsessions if you choose to participate!

Congratulations to Fashion Frugality, winner of the UPrinting.com Rolled Canvas Print!

30 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love the really sticky rice. With butter, of course!

Leproust Vintage said...

ohhh I am with you on the rice thing! I try to eat brown rice at home, but white rice is just soooo good! I seriously crave Chipotle's white rice everyday! I do eat white rice whenever I go out to eat though! (I have plenty of other indulgences at home.....like mass quantities of cheese!!!)

Big Mama Cass said...

MMM!!! now i want rice! :) and thanks!! :)

Alicia said...

mmmmmmmm rice....sounds so yummy... and constipating! lol...

Kathie @ my net finds said...

congratulations!

I really want an elliptical!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Congrats on the award. I love my elliptical machine too.

Joy said...

Yeah, sure, constant bloating...not! I've seen you in your belly dancing costume!

Rebecca Jo said...

mmmm.. I could eat rice every day too! The elliptical tainer - not so much every day!

Randi Troxell said...

oooh! i like rice too.. actually i wish i had rice right now!!

Tammy Howard said...

I have never known anyone who was obsessed with rice. Yet not only you, but the majority of your commenters are. Maybe I need to get out more.

Tater Tot Mom said...

Rice rocks! Thanks for picking me! I'll be sure to get this up soon! Not sure that my obsessions will be so healthy though :)

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Love that Smart Balance stuff too!

kys said...

Congrats and thanks for handing that on to me! I'm horrible at doing awards posts. I've got a huge list of them to give out. I'm going to do yours separately TODAY so I don't forget!

SMOOCHES!

Lucy said...

Rice, butter, and Elliptical trainer now those are interesting obsessions!! But the youth obsession one did not surprise me (lol) and I am right there with you on trying to stay young!!!

blueviolet said...

I like that Smart Balance butter too, but it's hard to spread! I LOVE rice!!!

Congrats on your award!

Laura said...

Congrats on the award! I totally agree on the *nice* workout equip. it makes a difference!

strokeofliving said...

Oh Miss Carma, thank you doll you flatter me (Muah!)

strokeofliving said...

Oh and your obsessions are pretty sane, you're not alone with the youthful complexion thing. The fluffy stuff I love is Basmati rice [it's healthier than bleached white] but mine comes out sticky. Ooo, a rice cooker maybe?

Together We Save said...

Congrats on your award!!

Yankee Girl said...

Congrats on your award!

My current obsession? Barefoot Pinot Grigio. I love it.

Amanda said...

Dude. You couldnt give me one stinkin award? After all we've been through?

Thanks. A. Lot.

(wiping hands of carma)

That being said, I love how your fav things included exercising and a healthy food.

ha! And here I thought we were best blogging buddies.

;)

Blessings!
Amanda

Lisa said...

Mmmm I love rice...thanks now I'm tempted to go make some.

Together We Save said...

Thanks for stopping by and clicking the links, they can be clicked daily so please stop back by if you get a chance.

Shawn said...

Congrats on the award! I am obsessed with doing five million things at the same time!!!

Christina said...

Congrats on the awesome award!

Kristin said...

I worry over #5 all the time. Sigh.

fizzycat said...

Another rice fanatic here. So good , having some today with Teriaki Tofu.
Thanks, found your comment about hearing tests and published it but it has not appeared on the blog. Will comment back on the blog if blogger gives it back.
Well done getting the award.

Tina said...

Eeew I hate rice. Everytime I see it all I can think of are maggots. Gross.

Bianca said...

Those seem like healthy obsessions to me!! :-)

Ree said...

mmm... I love rice and my elliptical too! :)

http://myblessingsoverflow.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...