Monday, November 9, 2009

And I Said It Wouldn't Last...


I begin this post with a great big *sigh*

The bromance is no more. Cough. Cough. Gasp. You heard me. The bromance. It's Over....

I'm not one to say "I Told You So." (OK, maybe I am.) but my prediction has become reality.

As I alluded to in my first "Bromance" post, the bro was personality-wise very opposite from that of MB. While we try not to be very bragadocious, the bromance IS. For example he is so big into his vehicles that he has posted photos of them on his Facebook page along with his collection of tattoos. And you may recall when I first met him, much of the conversation was disrupted by him and his s.o. glancing at their i-Phones mid-conversation. That's when he is wasn't talking about himself ;-)

MB and I are proud fix-it-yourselfer's. We are not showy. We take pride in being able to make due with what we have, living beneath our means and not going hog wild on purchases. The bromance, on the other hand, drives a Hummer and uses $500 earbuds. One pair of skates is not enough. He has 10 pairs of skates that he brings with him presumably to show off. Top of the line. Fix a broken skate? pshaw!

So, it was inevitable that some friction would manifest itself at some point.

MB is the consummate planner. He plans his week at work in detailed spreadsheet format and carries around a list on a clipboard.

He is the same way when it comes to planning his fun activities.

So when MB and the bro were planning to go to a new rink this past weekend, MB did all he could to make the plan come to fruition. MB sent a message to the bro detailing info about the rink hours and location. And then a follow up email and call. He waited around on Sat. to hear back from the bromance. He received nary a text message. This was not the first time the bro suggested trying a new rink, only to doff out. All talk; no action.

It took sending the bro a message on Sunday: "So I'm guessing we aren't going skating Yesterday" to get him to respond back today saying he was "super busy on Sat." Yet, he amazingly found time to update his Facebook profile several times that day!!

If there's one thing MB can't stand, it's people who don't follow through, which pretty much describes the bromance.

MB has decided not to bother to send him any more messages and will just go on his own skating this week. Will the bromance show up? Will he be bringing his 10 pairs of custom skates, Hummer and $500 earbuds? dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnn.....


P.S. In case you are wondering, I got MB's "permission" before writing this post. Not that I needed it since I am a woman of the 2000's.

I hope you will enter my latest giveaway! A canvas print of the kids for grandma = priceless!

22 comments:

Tammy Howard said...

Aw, poor MB. The end is always hard, even when you're the one who ends it. Why is "I can't make you love me if you don't" looping through my brain? Oh! 'Cause it's the saddest break-up song EVER!

I can't stand people like the Bromance. (although I do sometimes check my phone... it's where I get e-mail notifications that people have responded to my blog, for Pete's sake!)

Kathie @ my net finds said...

MB is better off with out that guy, he sounds super annoying! He reminds me of some of my husband's friends too, all talk and no follow through which really annoys my husband (and me too!).

blueviolet said...

The fact that he blew him off should make the breakup so much easier!

Rebecca Jo said...

Men... they dont know how to have a good bromance anyways... hehe!

If we lived closer to each other, we'd totally have a bromance with our husbands... mine just went skating Sunday (AGAIN!)...

angelcel said...

He was too busy to text a quick reply on Saturday? Very arrogant and how insulting. What a jerk.

Pooh to him and the Hummer...and the 10 pairs of skates he rolled in on!

kys said...

The Bro sounds like a jerk. I'm not into superficial people. I can't keep up with the Jones and don't care to try. Poor MB.

Lisa Paul said...

Wasn't it Neil Sedaka who said:

"Down doobie doo down down
Comma Comma down doobie doo down down.

Breaking up is haaard to do"

Poor MB. There's a better Bromance for him somwhere out there.

strokeofliving said...

All things must come to an end and MB will be just fine. Per Mary J. Blige, No more drama...

Laura said...

Awww I feel sad for him but it sounds like it might be for the best. He will find a much better dude now that he's a single bromancer now. :)

McVal said...

I've been there and it's no fun! Friends like that make me ill.
Hey - didn't Jennifer Aniston break up with John Mayer because he was to busy to take or return her calls and yet twittered away all his time?

Randi Troxell said...

yikes..

i feel bad for MB... maybe one of these days he'll find a true partner for some awesome bromancing... (did that sentence even make sense, i wonder)

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Oh, tell MB I'm sorry. Maybe another bromance will come his way...

Lucy said...

Yeah, we live beneath our means too, in a community that does not understand that concept so we are considered 'odd'. Umm, what is 'earbuds'?

MB probably Knew it was coming or for the best but the part that he enjoyed, you know, someone to skate with is the hard part to give up, GET YOUR SKATES on girl (ha!ha!) until he finds a better suited buddy, there has to be one out there!!!! for your sake, right!!

Kristin said...

Bromance sounds a tad D-baggy. No?

Tater Tot Mom said...

So sorry for MB but I agree with other comments that he's better of without that douchbag...I mean hanging with a douchbag like, you might catch his douchiness!

I hate people like that though. Just do what you say you're going to do, otherwise just keep your trap shut!

Alicia said...

ohhh breaking up is hard to do!! but you know what...mb is a friggin awesome guyand the other dude isn't worthy of him anyway!!

what a terd.

Amanda said...

Ha! Woman of the 2000's. I hadn't heard that!

So sorry it came to a bitter end. :( Maybe God has a even new better model (friend) in the future...

Blessings!
Amanda

Mark said...

Was the Bromance doomed to breaking up because MB was up to his normal gain then lose mode for the Biggest Loser season???? Maybe the Bro was intimidated????

PS I bet if MB had planned to throw the Bro a Gelt party, the Bro might have had different thoughts :-)

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Awww! Poor MB. He's definitely better off without that guy. Maybe he'll meet a new Bromance when he strikes out on his own. ;)

Yankee Girl said...

I have no patience for people like that in my life. I understand that people get busy and things come up, but it really only takes a few seconds to send a text message. There really is no excuse for the lack of communication.

Hopefully he doesn't use up too many tissues getting over him!

On a side note, I am sorry I have not been around to visit more often. NaNoWriMo is taking up all of my time and I have been lucky to read a blog or two a day. I promise I will be back in full gear next month!

Tater Tot Mom said...

Just wanted to stop back by to say there's a little tag for you on my site! Stop by and see!

Tina said...

Ahhh the bromance has ended :( I'm sure that you are tore up over this. If you need a shoulder....

What is all this facebook chat? Are you on there now and hiding from me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...