Thursday, October 29, 2009

Seeing the Sunny Side

I come into work and check the phone messages. There is a message from a client. He says that he has decided to take a "pass" on an item we had on "right of first refusal" for him.

*I take copious notes for Boss as it is a lengthy message*

Boss calls:

Me: "There was a message on the phone from Client X; he is so sweet, he even used my name when he left the message." (most clients see me as merely an extension of my boss and never bother to learn my name- so this was momentous!)

Boss: "I know. I left the message for you to hear." [Maybe she could have written me a note to that effect and saved me some writing? Our Bang & Olufsen answering machine does not leave the date and time of calls, because why would that be of importance??]

Boss: HE ISN'T GOING TO BUY THE PIECE!

Me: But he said it so nicely. He is always so sweet.

Boss: It's called Smooth, Carma. He's smooth....

Me: Oh. But I still think he's nice :-)

15 comments:

Laura said...

Awww he used your name, yay! :) Smooth...nice...whatever, as long as it come out nice.

McVal said...

I like it when my clients like me! Because then they'll say nice things about me to my boss. However then they use my extension like they're allowed as long as they're nice...

Vodka Logic said...

Smooth makes me think, crooked and underhanded.

blueviolet said...

Smooth is bad? Dang it, I thought it was charming. I'm learning so much from you today. I had no idea.

Aunt Juicebox said...

Hey, we take our victories any way we can get them. Otherwise what's the dang point?

Lucy said...

I'm confused? What was the point of your boss saving the message for you if she already heard it??
See, I am stuck on the wrong part of the entire part of the post (lol)

Tater Tot Mom said...

I agree with Lucy...that's what I was stuck on...

I'd rather talk to someone smooth even if they are being jerky than just an arrogant jerk. Being nice goes a long way! :)

Shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

smooth is scary charming..

be cautious..

Aleta said...

It's great when people get to know your name. Greg is like that. He'll learn a person's name, no matter who they are or what they do. I think it's great and I'm learning to be that way too :)

kys said...

Smooth makes me thing of a used car salesman.

Amanda said...

Whenever someone remembers my name I am always surprised... and I am ususally their biggest fan then!!

Blessings-
Amanda

Alicia said...

hahaaa! at least he was nice :) smooth or not, at least he had manners!

Joy said...

I would've been putty too if someone used my name too. ;o)

Randi Troxell said...

you know ( and there is NO sarcasm here)... but when my customers ACTUALLY USE MY NAME... i feel special... seriously, normally all they want is there makeup and then they run back out... but to use my name... wow...

Big Mama Cass said...

Hahaha You are such an optimist

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...