Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Read These 10 Things and Pick Up Your Award!

The incomparable JennyMac of Let's Have a Cocktail and the mysterious C. Andres Alderete (The Tired One) , an "amazingly handsome" Texas man, recently awarded me 2 awards that were accompanied by the Ten Things Meme. Do you seriously want to know any more about me? Seriously?? Well, then, I'm happy to oblige --

Ten Things:

(1) I don't believe in telling children over and over that they can be anything they want to be. Anything? There are always limitations. I'm all for providing encouragement, but not going all "gaga." This will just lead to depression. Feel free to debate me on this one.

(2) Years ago, at my first job (that was embarrassing and crappy) a co-worker said to me, "My, aren't you a Chatty Cathy." That was over 23 years ago and it still pisses me off :D

(3) I tend to remember little things from many years ago, especially those that piss me off.

(4) I live a life filled with many regrets.

(5) I like spinach with cream cheese - especially mixed with mashed potatoes.

(6) I have always enjoyed psychology. I often read Psychology Today when I am at the library since I am too cheap to subscribe.

(7) I am able to get a good "read" on people rather quickly. In fact, at Back to School Night, I came home and told VC who I thought his most "difficult" (in personality) teacher would be. He scoffed. Three weeks later, he agrees...

(8) I like taking naps - especially when there are things I don't feel like doing.

(9) I am not a big fan of organized religion. I was reminded why again this weekend.

(10) I like being honest in memes even if my responses are not what you want to hear.


Now - The awards! JennyMac bestowed upon me this award:

The rules:
"Make a cocktail, pick out some of your favorite bloggers. Send this award to 4 of them. Tell them why you think they give good blog."

I'm going to have to go with more than 4 - these bloggers always provide lots of laughs & inspiration:

Alicia
Amanda
Beth
Kelly
Kathie
JannaBee
Lucy
blueviolet
Kristin
Kristin Jones
Yaya
Joy
Kristen
Alyson
Rebecca Jo
Ryan Ashley
Kathie
Stacy

The next award is the Honest Scrap award. Graciously bestowed upon me by C. Andres Alderete. BTW, ever the rebel, he clipped the Ten things meme to 9 things, but I decided to exhaust myself and go for the full ten!

The Rules:

1. “The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to your self but it must be shared!
2. The recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows.
3. The recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.
4. Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given this award.
5. Those 10 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.

I know that many of you already have this award, so I'm not going to list any names; if you are a regular reader of my blog and do not have it, please grab it!

Thanks again Jenny and handsome Texas man! I hope to continue to live up to these honors...



Remember, if you are interested in checking out scantily clad clicks, please visit the previous post, and enter to win a custom poster here.

25 comments:

Janna Bee said...

Thanks for the award- and thanks for #4. SO many people will never admit they have regrets, which is just a load of hooey!

blueviolet said...

I held a grudge up until last year from high school. I finally let it go. That was too long, huh?

Regrets? I could write a book.

My vibes about people are always right too!


Thank you so much for the award!

C. Andres Alderete said...

I tend to remember loads of crap that nobody else remembers. It's a lonely tower I live in.

Kathie @ my net finds said...

I totally and completely agree with you 1000% about not telling children they can be whatever they want to be! We all have gifts, talents, skills and interests that lead us to choices that fit us better than others. I remember stuff like you...the stuff that really tees me off :-) congrats on your much deserved award and thank you for passing it along to me!!

Amanda said...

Hey. I'm not huge fan of organized religion either. I just loves me some Jesus.

I can tell you this right now.

I would NEVER describe you as a "chatty cathy". Granted I have never met you. But I just know that even if (when) I met you I wouldn't say that.

Just sayin.

Blessings!
Amanda

B

Big Mama Cass said...

AMEN on #9!!!! I live in the bible belt and I am pretty sure I will be writing a blog about how it is to live here. *gag*

Laura said...

Ohhhh I LOVE psychology stuff!! Also I hate regrets even though I live a life of them too, blah! :)

Tammy Howard said...

Very much dislike organized religion. Very much.

I also believe that we CANNOT be anything and everything - that we all have limitations as well as gifts and we need to learn to work within them.

I liked your list a lot, Miss Carma.

Jenny said...

Love the post! And agree with you on many things... Except I will admit I have never tried mixing cream cheese with spinach AND mashed potatoes.

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh girl.. Who DOESNT live a life with regret? I'm feeling you on that!

And you know I love God & Jesus & all that fun stuff... but I'll agree - organized religion can really turn people off & away from church... sad, really... just keep focused on God.. that's all that matters! :)

I too can remember hurtful things from YEARS YEARS YEARS ago & still get riled up! ... Now I'm mad thinking about it again! :)

Thanks for the award too chatty cathy! HEHE!!! JOKING!

Shoebox Princess said...

Totally agree with #1. I also tell my children that the world does not think they are special. I serve encouragement with a reminder to be humble and to be happy for those that do better--and there will always be someone who does things better.

I do like the organized religion that I belong to but recognize that many people don't feel the same way.

I remember hurtful things too, but my brain really likes to hold on to the boneheaded things that I say to other people. which leads to a regret filled life as well.

angelcel said...

I can say 'snap' to most of those, except I don't tend to nap in the daytime and I haven't read psycholoigy magazines or tried cream cheese/spinach/mash for that matter ... but I'm more than willing to give them a go! :D

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

how on earth have you escaped me for this long

a-i love cheetos
b-i am still pissed about things that happened 23 years ago too

visiting from SITS and new follower - it appears you're having the same follower widget issues that i am having - sucks, huh

Randi Troxell said...

#2 made me laugh... and #3- yea, i do that too.. it really pisses my hubby off!

great list!

Lucy said...

Thanks a bunch!!!

Loved number #1, so understand number #4 and spinach and cream cheese oh, that sounds awful and then you go and ruin lovely mash potatoes on top of it (lol). Totally, understand the organized religion thing and yet I just can't shake my Catholicism (lol).

Thanks again, and I'm off to think about my 10!!!

Kristin said...

Muchos gracias gorgeous! And I'm SO with you on #3!

Housewife Savant said...

You did NOT give me an award, cuz YOU ARE CARMA of Carma Sez, of CHEESEBALL FAME and near bellydance throw-down notoriety.

You. Did. Not.

You did!

Thanks Carma.
You know I lurve you (IANLW).

Debate? No.
There's a history of stabbing in my fam.
It must end with me, so I avoid debate like the plague.
Like spinach 'n cream cheese, with taters er no.
Avoid.

~Kristen~ said...

Love love LOVE your honesty and openness!!! And I feel the same way about pretty much all of this, except I have never eaten spinach with cream cheese. I do love me some spinach with feta though!!!

And thank you so much for the award!!! I am going to do this this weekend, after I get through the last hellish work day of the week tomorrow!!!!!!!

Yaya said...

I tend to hold a grudge as well.

Joy said...

I am in awe of all your honest answers! Brava, lady, brava.

I agree 100% with you on the first one. No debate from me.

#3 is something I can relate to also.

And thank you for thinking of me!

p.s. Guess what I have in my pantry? Hint: they're tiny orange orbs.

Kristina P. said...

I would marry naps if I could.

Yankee Girl said...

You just gave me an idea. I think I'm gonna do a meme on the top ten things I regret in my life. Everyone has regrets.

I think if we're going to continue to tell kids that they can do/be anything they want, then we really have to start stressing that everything comes with hard work, patience and endurance. We can't let them think they can do/be anything for free. I think that is the biggest problem.

Dr.John said...

What is there about disorganized religion that you like.

Shawn said...

You deserve lovely awards, my dear!! Congrats! And it was fun to read more about you....

Amanda said...

SHould I be worried?

I like. Sorta.

Miss ya.

Come back?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...