Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cody and Cassidy and Carma


One of my guilty pleasures is catching up with Hoda and Kathie Lee on the fourth hour of the Today show on my days off when I work out later.

Sure Kathie Lee can be annoying, especially when she gets into "Hoda Woman" mode, and sure she prattles on about Cody and Cassidy (yesterday, it was about Cassidy's new acting gig) - but the show is oddly entertaining!

The ladies were discussing Women and Happiness. I finished my workout and hustled to the shower before the Happiness segment aired. Because who can't use some more happiness?? I asked VC (who home since it was a teacher workday) to give a shout when the segment began.

VC was following along with the show. Big Mistake!

When the part came on about moms thinking the one thing their kids want is for them to spend more time with them, when in fact over 45% wanted their moms to feel less stressed (only 10% wanted to spend more time with mom :-O - VC chimes in --

Yeah, mom, you are always so grumpy.

It's enough to make me put on my grumpy face...Alright, here's my real grumpy face:
(in my defense, VC tends to be overly dramatic and likes laying on the guilt-trip - or is that just my excuse? and this was taken after my class; hence the shiny face. Oh, and I do have a chin, although it blends in with my neck from this angle -- why do I feel the need to explain all this????)

Way to make me feel like total crap. Dang Kathie Lee and Hoda Woman!

--------------------------------

On a brighter note, the winner of the UPrinting 18 x 24 poster print giveaway is Honey Mommy, who said: "I would put the poster print on my sons wall. There is NOTHING there right now, so anything would be an improvement!" Congratulations!

32 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

Just watching Kathy Lee puts me in a grumpy mood.
Love the look a like to Barbie..lol

Housewife Savant said...

You're too cute to get a good grump on.
You've got to be fundie for a decade.
Take a lot of steroids.
Daycare other people's kids.
And have cats.

Joy said...

The only time I see Kathie Lee is when Joel McHale is skewering her on The Soup. I like her then. ;o)

Rebecca Jo said...

I'd remind my children that its because of them 90% of the time that I'm grumpy.. hehe!!!

Isnt Cassidy & Cody like 20 & 28 now? :)

Janna Bee said...

Yeah, I don't think I could watch a whole hour of Kathy Lee without putting on a grumpy face.

BTW, you and that barbie- Separated at birth?

Tammy Howard said...

We watch the first three hours (sometimes) but when the music changes for that fourth hour whoever is closest to the remote screams AAAAAAAAAH! KATHIE LEE! and changes the channel quickly. She is - not likable at ALL...

lisa Paul said...

There aren't many people on TV who get to me. But if I saw Kathie Lee walking down the street, I'd cross to her side just to punch her. She's that annoying.

And aren't her "kids" Kassidy and Kody, or some cutesy spelling. And aren't they adults now?

Amanda said...

OK. So you really do look like a barbie.

I need a cookie.

Kathie @ my net finds said...

wow, mentioning Kathie Lee sure brings out the best in people! ;-)

Christina said...

Hmmm.... I would probably be less grumpy if the family did everything I asked them to when I asked them to do it.

Mark said...

Hmmmm KLG (see I can't even stomach to write her name) gets 5 Tubbies (that's tubs of cheeseballs instead of Razzies) in my book and leaves me running from the room in abject horror.

Although that SNL skit last year about KLG w Zac Efron was hilarious.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Kathy Lee cracks me up by being unintentionally funny.

Laura said...

Kathy Lee - BLAH! And you really DO look like Barbie - awesome! :)

kyslp said...

Ditto to Mark about the SNL skit. I was tired of her talking about Cody and Cassidy 20 years ago. Blech!

Karen said...

OMG! Totally Barbie!

Yankee Girl said...

That is an awesome crabby face. I would be smart to refrain from pissing you off.

And I don't do Kathie Lee.

Heather, Queen of Shake Shake said...

Now I know when I want to incite a riot, just talk about Kathy Lee.

Randi Troxell said...

yea.. kathie makes me think things that normally don't EVER enter my horizon!

Stacie said...

LOL On the face. You do look like a Barbie Doll! I think I would look grumpy after watching Kathy Lee.

Lucy said...

I like Kathie Lee. There I said it. I liked her on Regis and Kathie Lee and my kids are roughly the same age as hers. 21 and 17, I think that is why I like her, I remember watching her when my kids were young and her and Regis were on in the morning and they were funny together. Anyways, I like her Carma!!!

Aunt Juicebox said...

Oooooooh! THOSE kind of cheese balls. I thought you meant the big ones made of cheese and rolled in nuts. I was like, that's kind of a weird food obsession...but now I get it!

Usually, the Renfest isn't sucky. If the weather is good, it's not too bad. The toilets though? Grotesque. I'm sure you and your son will have a great time. Hopefully he'll earn lots of tips.

~Kristen~ said...

I can only slightly tolerate Kathie Lee now that she has Hoda to balance her out.

Remind me never to make you grumpy!!! :-)

Stephanie Faris said...

Good heavens, is that woman still carrying on about her kids? Aren't they, like, 40 by now? I remember her rattling on about them when she was on with Regis. Wasn't that the late 80s/early 90s? The kids shouldn't be kids by now.

blueviolet said...

I seriously can't watch Kathie Lee. She gets on my last nerve and she runs right over the top of Hoda.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

I catch it every once in a while, and I enjoy it. It's a guilty pleasure for sure. I also enjoy a good SNL skit about the show.

What about kid's not wanting to be with mom? I'm heartbroken.

strokeofliving said...

...can't stomach KLG so the fourth hour of "Today" is never watched in my home. I'm already onto "The View."

Shawn said...

Ok, just to clear it up-----you DO look like that Barbie.

Just sayin'.

elvira pajarola said...

I just read your nice compliment on my sunraising shot...in tuscany...thank you so much!
what a great blog you have...! I will get a close look later, and I come back!
have a nice day
ciao elvira

Lani said...

Ug.. I can't listen to Kathie Lee!

I would love for you to stop by the Blog For A Cure Blog Party I am hosting all week long at http://whoknewreviews.blogspot.com!
Its a great way to get new followers, win some prizes and support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

Alicia said...

haaa!! i'm not a kathie lee fan, but if makes you happy, then i'm happy! and no need to explain the picture... you're fabulous, sweaty and all! :)

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Kathy Lee is like nails on a chalkboard.

Your 'grumpy face' is still cute! :)

Big Mama Cass said...

Oh hush you are beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...